Problem with RC1 making calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dekatech, Mar 8, 2007.

1. dekatech

I upgraded to RC1 from the last beta (which was working fantastic!)

After doing so, and (resetting outbound rules) I have issues making calls.

If I make a call, I get a fast busy and the call disconnects, then if I pick up the handset and try again I can make a call it connects and all is fine. If I hang up, then try to make a call again I get another busy signal and the call disconnects, (This could go on for a number of minutes)I keep trying until the call connects.

Any ideas? This is very frustrating for RC1 when the beta worked fine?????!!

Call log shows:
    StratInOut::eek:nCancel: Call from Ext.703 to <<externalnumber>> has been terminated
    13:32:32.957 CallConf::eek:nIncoming: Incoming call from Ext.703 to sip:<<externalnumber>>@10.0.1.4

for every disconnect

I also get this:
    CallConf::eek:nIncoming: Can not resolve target for call from "703"<sip:703@10.0.1.4>;tag=D86BEEF3-B333C58A to <sip:<<externalnumber>>@10.0.1.4;user=phone>
    14:18:01.131 CallConf::Rejected: Call (C:4B) is rejected: Target is not resolved
    14:18:01.131 CallConf::eek:nIncoming: Incoming call from Ext.703 to sip:<<external number>>@10.0.1.4

Travis

2. dekatech

Follow up

Wanted to follow up with this original thread.

At first I thought this issue was sporadic, I have narrowed it down to occuring after making a successful call and then trying to make an outbound call immediatly after disconnecting from the successful call. (This still only happens ocassionally)

It appears the issue has to do with "when a call is released" 3CX line status might show it as disconnected or "idle" but it seems to take a few more seconds (up to 15) to actually disconnect the call.

Can anyone confirm this? Is there a setting anyone knows of where this could be changed?

Thanks
    Travis

3. dekatech

5 Hours Testing Still same issues

Ok, I am done for the night. I can not figure it out. I have used two different providers same issue.

I thought there might be some pattern, but no luck I can make calls sometimes, and sometimes I get a busy signal.

I can congfigure a phone to use the provider directly and I have no issues. It is only when I use 3CX RC1 to connect to the provider I start having issues.

The line shows registered.....

I am pulling my hair out.. Can I go back to the Beta ? j/k :D

Please if anyone has any ideas I am all ears!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is weird.

Ok lets see if we can tackle this.

Yes you can configure this, it is the time it takes for the system to realise that there is no call anymore. (Long Silence Duration or something like that, it also can have to do with the on and off hook voltage)

It looks like there is a bit of a pattern regarding response to either connect or disconnect, there are settings on your gateway you can set to make it more responsive and the same applies on your phone.

Gateway settings typically
    Detect CPC
    Detect Polarity Reversal
    Detect PSTN Long Silence
    Detect VoIP Long Silence
    PSTN Long Silence Duration
    VoIP Long Silence Duration
    PSTN Silence Threshold
    Min CPC Duration
    Detect Disconnect Tone
    Disconnect Tone

3Cx:
    Under extensions you have a section
    Destination Unreachable / Forwarding
    No Answer Phone busy Phone Unregistered Forward All Calls

Phone busy can be set to use the Phone busy signal or the 3CX view of the world. Try to change these and have send busy signal enabled.

On phone:
    Perhaps have a change the payload and handdown time for the codecs.

I am a little in the dark here. Perhaps if you could expain like

Calling:
    extention--> extention Phone calls no disconnect signal
    extention --> external Phone calls no disconnect signal
    etc. for each scenario that might help to identify how the call is routed and where your break point might be.

I installed the 3cx from scratch without to much of a hassle, I did create the extensions from scratch.

5. dekatech

Thanks for the reply

I will have a look at the phone settings to see if I may need to adjust Voip Long silence, Disconnect tone etc...

I have tried extension > extension
    Extension > external
    external > IN

Still get a busy signal. I contacted the Voip provider (I do not use a gateway) and they said a fast busy signal could indicate the IP/PBX needs to reboot, but that is all they could help me with since the 3CX is no a supported system. Tried it, did not work.

I am wondering if a fresh install might be needed???? I did the upgrade keeping existing settings.

When this issue occurs (the fast busy signal), the line status does not even show a connection either from the extension or out through the Voip Line..... I get exactly 5 disconect tones and then silence nothing in line status????

6. dekatech

Fresh Install Still same problem

I did a fresh install. I still have the same issue.

I have tried changing outbound rule, dialing plan, phone settings etc....

7. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

It's hard to tell what is wrong in your situation unless you provide us with logs and settings.

8. dekatech

Sent log info to support@3cx.com

Archie,

What logs do you need? I supplied the log entries associated with the server status in a previous post. In addition, I have send the logs generated by the support button in the 3cx application to support.

What else can I provide?

9. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Please, check following settings for your Broadvoice provider. See Advanced options page:
    - Provider should be external;
    - RemotePartyID;party=called' field should be set off (unchecked)

Also, in te line settings make sure that you have set correct account ID and password.

Let us know if that doesn't help

10. dekatech

Thanks Archie I will check the advanced settings

I know the user id and password are correct, but I will check the advanced settings and post back.

Travis

11. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Re: Sent log info to support@3cx.com

Yes, I have already received your logs and settings and have analyzed them. Check my previous message for answer.

The log entries you provided in your forum's posting is only two lines with stripped numbers, so they doesn't provide enough info to find out the problem.

From the settings you've sent I see that authID/password for Broadvoce is blank, so it doesn't accept your calls and responds with '400 Bad Request'. Though it's quite odd response for that case. Also, it's quite strange that broadvoice has accepted registration from you. But it did. Probably, you accidentally removed auth/passw after registration. Could it be the case?

12. dekatech

I noticed the 400 bad request through sniffing packets. Like in my previous post this only happens sometimes, it seems random?

I have not removed the user id or password for the broadvoice account. It is still there when I access line management features.

Travis

13. dekatech

Archie,

Made the changes you suggested. Still same problem.

14. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Well... I don't know what to think. In the settings you've sent to support there's empty auth/password for the line. Try to reenter them.

If it doesn't help - please, send us sniffed capture file. Can't event imagine what's going on.

15. dekatech

I will capture packects and send them.

Another thing that happens, when I make a call from the outside in, sometimes I can pick up the call and other times the line status shows as connected (the extension and the outside line), but the phone from which I am calling (outside of the environment in this case a cell phone keeps ringing and eventually will go to broadvoice email if I enable it.)

Looks like something is not right...

Travis

16. dekatech

Observations

Once I am able to make a successful call, the next call will result in a fast busy signal, the following call will be successful, then the next call will result in a fast busy signal and so forth.

At antime, if I can not make an outbound call, I can dial an internal extension hang up and then make a successful out bound call.

This problem occurs with the 3CX softphone and Polycom IP501.

I have spent close to 10 hours over the last two days trying to get RC1 to work....I was very excited after successfully testing the last Beta for 30 days now..........loosing steam

I am lost, I need someone with more knowledge......sinking fast...

Travis

17. TwigsUSAN

Its really weird that you are having these issues. I also have Broadvoice and upgraded to RC1. I've also got a Polycom 300 and that seems to work great. The only thing I did noticed was that I had to reboot the Polycom phone because it was not registering properly. The only thing I can think of is removing the Broadvoice extension and re-entering it. If you gave me access to your system, I could take a look.

18. dekatech

Twigs,

Do you have the digitmap for the 300 you could post? (Iuse both the 300 and 501 same issue on both) Not sure if that has anything to do with it, but who knows?

I have rentered Broadvoice info, re configed phones, (manually and through FTP), re-intstalled 3cx (on two seperate servers) etc...

Travis

19. dekatech

SOLUTION, Nothing to do with RC1!!!

Ok,

First, thank you to all you assisted me IT Farmer, Archie Twigs!!!

Twigs, last post got my brain working again. What if my digitmap/dial plan on my phone was causing an issue or conflicting with the outbound rule on 3cx.

Steps

First I made sure that the number to dial out (on the outbound rule for the provider) was the same number used in my digitmap (located in my sip.cfg file) In my case I was using 8 to avoid issues/conflicts when dialing 911 here in the states.

Second

Dialed an extension with phone off hook and dial tone initiated (no issues, this always worked)

Third

Dialed number to access outside line (in my case 8) and an extension (i use three digit extensions) when I did this the phone tried to dial an outside line ----not correct, I went back and looked at my digitmap and sure enough there was an entry that caused this behaviour (Operator error; yours truly made a mistake in the config file) I removed the entry and BINGO things started to work as they should.

Here is the digitmap I use for the IP501 abd 301 Polycom phones (The one that works)

<digitmap dialplan.digitmap="[2-9]11|0T|100|101|011xxx.T|8011xxx.T|1[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|81[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|8[2-9]xxxxxxxxx" dialplan.digitmap.timeOut="5"/>

I also increased the timeout from three to 5 (gives enough time to dial those 10 digit numbers)!

I will continue to test, but for now this seems to have been the issue.

Travis

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

:lol: :idea:

Excellent, good to see you are on your way.