Problem with SBC and Yealink W52P at remote sites.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Gazza1410, May 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gazza1410

Hi Everyone - We have been running v11 and v12 up to SP5 until 2 months ago when we upgraded to v12.5. A couple of our remote sites have been running proxy server manager with Yealink Dect w52p units with no problem. When we moved to v12.5, I decided to upgrade to Raspberry Pi SBC at a couple of site and Windows SBC at another. The problem is now that none of the W52P will register with 3CX. I have upgraded the firmware on the units to 25.73.0.27, but where the strange part is the provisioning page on the 3CX server for extensions the drop down for provisioning method only has two options (remote stun and local lan) on the w52p extensions, whereas all our other yealinks phones in the T series has three options (local lan, remote stun and 3cx SBC). Are we missing an update on Phone Provisioning Updates. According to the list we are completely up to date on all.
    Has anyone else come across this problem or knows of a solution?
    Cheers in advance for any help ;)

2. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi,

Check the provisioning template if “{IF network=REMOTESPM}” exist.
    Yes: check <option value="REMOTESPM">x</option> x must be “1”
    No: copy W52P template from v12

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Gazza1410

Hi Ben
    Thanks for the suggestion. I have amended the template, but unlike all the other Yealink templates it shows Remote Extension(SIP Proxy Manager) rather than 3CX Session Border Controller which all our normal T series show and all work fine with both Raspberry Pi and Windows SBC, but not the W52P. I am wondering since our upgrade from v12 to v12.5 whether the templates from earlier versions have corrupted as we never had a problem when we used SIP Proxy Manager with the W52P.
    Also we are having difficulty with confirming the approved and tested firmware for the W52P base and handset as the firmware folder on our server has no entry for the W52P and the Yealink web sites (.co.uk & .com show totally conflicting versions.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Cheers
    Gazza

4. complex1

complex1 Active Member

This is correct.
    3CX does not (yet) approved the firmware for the W52P, that’s why you can’t upgrade the firmware. You have to do this manually.
    If you do a search on the Yealink forum for W52P issues, the forum admins always replied with “Please upgrade to the latest firmware”. So if your base and handset(s) run with the latest (international) versions it is OK.
    25.73.0.27 is unlock international firmware, 25.50.23.3 is customized (and locked) firmware especially for the UK market.

SIP Proxy Manager / Session Border Controller: I am very sorry this is my fault. I did not read your post well enough.
    As far as I know the W52P can’t work with the SBC that’s why you can’t select SBC. It only work with the SPM.
    I have read this somewhere (blog/forum) but can’t remember when and where. :oops:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Hi,

I want to upgrade the firmware of my W52P and I thought this thread is very similar.

Does anybody have a provisioning template that integrated some of the Yealink varialble name changes for V73 (
    W52P 25.73.0.40) ?

We are running V12 at the moment. You have to update both the handsets and the base-stations manually, right?

Would this be different for V14, we might uprgade sometime in January.

Could I speed up this process by adding the firmware file to a 3cx folder?
    If I do this, I would still have to update the handsets seperately, won't I?

What is the best way to go: First the basestations and than the handsets or the other way round?

I read that the transferring calls functionality is better on V73 but there may be some issues with the battery life.

Any experiences?

Best regards Frank

6. Frank D

Frank D New Member

I found this: http://forum.yealink.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1182
    We have to at least perform one update for the handsets via USB

7. Aram

Aram Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi,

Provisioning of W52P model with SBC provisioning method is added into the 3CX V14, but you need to have 25.73.0.40 SW version running on your base station.
    All information about W52P provisioning, firmware update and more can be found here:
    http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/yealink-dect-w52p/

Also, according to Yealink guide, only handsets with hardware version 26.0.0.6 or later can be provisioned via OTA.
    Prior to 26.0.0.6 hardware version handsets need to be updated via the USB cable:
    http://www.yealink.com/Upload/W52P/2013124/Upgrading%20W52x%20Handset%20Firmware.pdf

8. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Hi Aram,

thanks for your answer.

Which version of the Basestation Firmware should I choose:

25.73.0.40 or
    http://support.yealink.com/documentFront/forwardToDocumentDetailPage?documentId=25

best regards Frank

9. complex1

complex1 Active Member

This depend what you have now.
    If the base is running on xx.xx.0.xx then upgrade with xx.xx.0.xx
    If the base is running on xx.xx.193.xx then upgrade with xx.xx.193.xx

10. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Thanks complex1,

Yealink now told my the same, with the following explanation, I want to share:
    The FW xx.xx.193.xx is special for Broadsoft PBX while the xx.xx.0.xx is a standard version. In the xx.xx.193.xx version, it involved some Broadsoft special functions, such as BLF List, SCA, Broadsoft ACD, etc.. and activate the Broadsoft switch be default.
    So, if your PBX server is Broadsoft, you should install the .193 version, if not, you can install the .0 version.

11. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi Frank D,

Thank you for your feeback. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.