Problem with smtp port in Email Sender

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by caiotoledo, May 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caiotoledo

Hi,

I'm trying to use the Email Sender Component in one of my projects.

But here we use a external SMTP server: 'ourcompany.com.br:587'.

When I use with the port it say: "The remote name can't be resolved"

Then I tried to use without the port number, just the 'ourcompany.com.br', but the component try by the 25 Port.

Do you have any solutions for changing SMTP ports on Email Sender?

Best Regards,
    Caio Vinicius.

2. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

Hi Caio,

We need to add the ability to configure that. We'll add that to the next release of the VAD.

Meanwhile, the only available solution is manually changing the output after each build. The change you need to do is pretty simple, but you will have to do it everytime you build your project. This is what you need to do:
    1) Build your project and deploy it to the 3CX server.
    2) Go to the deployment folder (for example C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\ivr\ProjectName_BuildNumber or C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\ivr\ProjectName_Debug_BuildNumber).
    3) Locate the file used to send the e-mail. For example, if your callflow name is "Main.flow" and your E-Mail Sender component name is "sendMail", the name of the file you need to edit will be "Main_MF_sendMail_DoIt.aspx".
    4) Edit that file using a text editor, find the line "SmtpClient smtpClient = new SmtpClient(server);" and change it with "SmtpClient smtpClient = new SmtpClient(server, 587);"
    5) Save the file.

After doing that change, the application will try to use the right port.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind regards.

3. caiotoledo

Thanks, worked now.

Do you have a date for that release?

4. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

Not yet, but it will be pretty soon. We're working on some changes to add the ability to make the VAD work with 3CX Cloud Server, so as soon as we release that, we'll be including this new feature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.