Problem with Sound in Outbound calls

Discussion in 'Windows' started by jstoppa, Aug 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jstoppa

Hi there,

I have AsteriskNow installed on a VmWare image, it's connected to a Sipgate account. The system works fine for the Grandstream Handsets, I can make/receive internal calls and I can also make/receive calls to/from a external landline.

I'm now trying to set up 3CX Softphone. It works fine to make and receive internal calls between 3CX client to 3CX client or 3CX client to Grandstream handset.

The only problem I have with the 3CX Softphone is when I make a call using the Sipgate account, I'm able to hear the other side but they cannot hear me. But if the call is from a landline to the Asterisk through the Sipgate account and I answer the call from the 3CX Softphone then it works fine, I can hear the other side and they can also hear me.

So there is definitely a problem with the 3CX Softphone sound when making outbound calls because if I use the Grandstream handset it works fine.

Did anyone have this problem before? What do you think I could look at to fix this?

I hope this make sense.

Thanks in advance

Juan

2. nmartin

Hi Juan,

I don't have an answer for this, but my 3CX Softphone has just started to exhibit the exact same problem. I've been trialling the system for a couple of days and all has worked correctly until this evening. If I pick up an incoming call fine. If I make an outgoing call then I get no audio.

I am Running Windows XP (SP3), and the problem occurred after I added an additional sound device (a BlueTooth headset). Interestingly, the headset (i.e. the softphone) worked after the initial install, but has failed after I rebooted the PC.

My hunch is that the problem may be connected to multiple audio devices, but this could just be a coincidence and I was wondering if you had a similar configuration on your PC?

Neil.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.