Problem with sound of 3CX Phone for Windows

Discussion in 'Windows' started by prodical, Mar 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prodical

I am having an issue with the sound quality running 3CX phone for Windows. I have installed the client program on 3 laptops using the wi-fi connection. The sound quality is really bad. I am getting echo and microphony and the sound level is very low. Any ideas what might be the issue? I have tried adjusting the audio settings in the client program but no improvement at all. I am using Phone System V12

2. prodical

I am not using a VOIP phone just the softphone

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Are all of the PC's being used, on the same LAN as the PBX, or remotely?

What sort of headset(s) are you using?

You're not just using the built-in speakers and Mic on the laptops are you, because that is not going to work properly and should be reserved only for "emergencies" (like when you forgot your headset).

The speakers should not be used for anything other than the call alert (ringling).

4. prodical

Thanks leejor. So I will have to go with VOIP phones and discard the softphones.
    Does 3CX phone system support Cisco SPA 301 phone?
    I don't see it in the listed models for provisioning
    Any ideas?

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you can't find a template, then auto provisioning is out.

Will it work...I can't see why not, it's a very basic phone and should not be difficult to manually provision, unless you are installing a great many. Cisco device menus are all very similar (at least the terminology is), so manual provisioning help for another Cisco/Linksys device (SPA-2102/PAP2) should help you to get the basic settings in, which, it would appear, will be all you need..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.