Problem with sound when making or receiving calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bblokey, Jan 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bblokey

The following is our setup... We have two locations and the 3cx system is located at site 2. We have a vpn connection between site 1 and site 2. The vpn is created using our firewall appliance which exists at both locations.

Site 2 which has the 3cx phone system can place calls without any issue to site 1 or the outside. Site 1 can call site 2 using a softphone and no issues with sound.

If site 1 tries to place a call to the outside though the 3cx box then the call rings but once the party picks up there is no sound. If I setup a softphone at my house and place a call to an extension or another outside number there is no sound and even if I pick up after a few seconds it drops the call and says "ACK is not recieved".

I know this worked before...

And if it works between both sites could it be the firewall at site 2?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It could be. If audio isn't getting through one direction then some of the ports are being blocked by something. I would double check the settings, perhaps a reboot, if there were no changes made to anything and the problem just came out of "nowhere". You may want to take out all of the firewall/VPN settings and put them back in again as a last resort. It's possible that there is some data corruption in the firewall/VPN, but it could also be a small change that someone made that "shouldn't have done that". I don't know how many time someone has said..."but i only changed XXX, and it shouldn't have an effect on THAT at all"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.