• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Problem with sound when making or receiving calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

bblokey

Reaction score
The following is our setup... We have two locations and the 3cx system is located at site 2. We have a vpn connection between site 1 and site 2. The vpn is created using our firewall appliance which exists at both locations.

Site 2 which has the 3cx phone system can place calls without any issue to site 1 or the outside. Site 1 can call site 2 using a softphone and no issues with sound.

If site 1 tries to place a call to the outside though the 3cx box then the call rings but once the party picks up there is no sound. If I setup a softphone at my house and place a call to an extension or another outside number there is no sound and even if I pick up after a few seconds it drops the call and says "ACK is not recieved".

I know this worked before...

And if it works between both sites could it be the firewall at site 2?

It could be. If audio isn't getting through one direction then some of the ports are being blocked by something. I would double check the settings, perhaps a reboot, if there were no changes made to anything and the problem just came out of "nowhere". You may want to take out all of the firewall/VPN settings and put them back in again as a last resort. It's possible that there is some data corruption in the firewall/VPN, but it could also be a small change that someone made that "shouldn't have done that". I don't know how many time someone has said..."but i only changed XXX, and it shouldn't have an effect on THAT at all"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.