Problem with System Prompts, voicemail and Digital assitant

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ajaywazir, Aug 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajaywazir

Hi
    I just installed a test version and enabled two Iphones as soft extensions.
    We have a static public IP, hence STUN is disabled in clients

However, we are unable to hear systems prompts.
    The systems is working otherwise, I can make calls, audio is working.
    However, for now, there is no DNS server running on the machine
    SOmehwere I read, we should remove DNS server from the machine to avoid audio issues.

Please let me know what could i be doing wrong

Regards
    Ajay

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

More details are needed as:
    Iphones are mobile and we need to understand if you were using cellular data or connected to Wi-Fi and if Wi-Fi, connected to your internal network or an external network.
    As you indicate that you can make calls and the audio is fine, and assuming that you are referring to the use of the softphone when doing so, what is different when you were able to make a call and when you couldn't hear the system generated prompts? If you can make calls from a given location using the softphone, then you should also have no issue getting system prompts. If however, you meant you could receive calls, then that might be a different issue (NAT).

The system is not really able to discern a difference between softphones and hard or internal and external with regard to the calls failing due to DNS being installed on the same machine. If calls are successful, then there is no reason that all calls should not be as well. However, 3CX is concerned that a machine that is running the phone system could be overcome with other requests from other programs such as Exchange, SQLserver, DNS, etc., that could overwhelm the system's ability to handle calls effectively, but these would more likely affect call quality and not the call routing (unless so overwhelmed).

3. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Are your services running? If yes try the following:
    Create a digital receptionist and pick a prompt from the drop down list. For example onhold.wav
    Press ok and try calling that digital receptionist. Can you hear the music?
    Then edit the digital receptionist and press the play button next to the prompt.
    Pick an extension to hear the music from. The PBX will call that extension and play the music. Can you hear the music?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.