Solved Problem with system prompts

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by michaelfek, Feb 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michaelfek

Dear ladies and gents,

I have already googled and was looking up for a solution regarding the following issue, but wasn't able yet to find any answers to solve it. Therefore I would like to ask you for help. :)

When somebody of my company tries to reach a number which doesn't exist or is busy, the call starts on our end devices (Yealink T46G) and then after around 3-4 seconds stops without any information on what just happened. We do not recieve any information at all. When I log in to the event log of the 3CX-webportal it tells me the following:
    "Call or Registration to 5555555555555@(Ln.90001@Beronet Multi 9392) has failed. 172.20.100.14 replied: 404 Unallocated number; from IP:172.20.100.14:5060"

So the 3cx obviously knows that there is something wrong with the attempt of the call but doesn't provide any error report or system prompt which unsettles my employees, because they don't know what just happened or what's wrong. The system prompts work when I start them manually in the 3cx webportal (e.g. system prompt EXTNOTFOUND), so the server seems to have the files on the proper directory but just doesn't play them to the clients/end devices.

I would be very pleased for some help. :)

Best regards
    Michael

2. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

I suspect EXTNOTFOUND is used when someone dials an extension number that doesn't exist, which is different than calling an outside number that doesn't exist. Try dialing an invalid internal extension number and see what happens.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. michaelfek

Hey voiptoys,

unfortunately the problem occurs every time and it doesn't matter which problem is (404, 486, ...) or if it's internal or external. No system prompt at all.

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @michaelfek

You could try enabling the option "Play Busy prompt when extension is busy" located at Settings / PBX to get the PBX to play prompts in some case scenarios when the extension is busy or it does not exist or on scenarios where the provider does not send a prompt regarding the error.
    Please note that when a call is routed to your provider the provider is expected to play an error prompt and not the PBX

5. michaelfek

Hey there,

I found what caused the problem. There is a setting in every extension which is called "PBX Delivers Audio". As soon as I activated it, everything worked as expected. Somehow the setting was disabled in all of my extensions, so this seems to be per default, as I can't remember that I ever disabled it. But anyways, the problem is herewith resolved.

Thanks a lot for your time.

Best regards,
    Michael Fekete

6. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad the hear the issue has been resolved and thank you for updating the post with your solution

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.