Problem with Tunneling

Discussion in 'Windows' started by ramonbatista, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramonbatista

Hi, I want to add an external extension (out the network) and I am trying using the 3CX SoftPhone and the 3CX SIP Proxy Manager. I followed all the instructions found but hadn't work. It shows me "Tunnel is attempting to connect remote end. Tunnel connection attempt failed."

I typed in the remote PC at CMD "Telnet xx.xx.xx.xx 5090" to see if there will be some connections and shows me "Could not open connection to the host, on port 5090: Connect failed"

At the router I opened the port 5090 for TCP directed to IP 192.168.2.30 where the 3CX Phone System is running.

Also in other PC under the same network I typed "Telnet xx.xx.xx.xx 5090" and shows me the same... no connections.

At the PC with 3CX Phone System I am using McAfee Total Protection, and the windows firewall is Off.

What else do I have to check to make the tunneling ?

Thanks

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Make sure that port 5090 is open on both TCP and UDP. Here is the info on all of the ports that should be open..http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/linksys-router-configuration/

Once you've done that , have a look at the 3Cx log to see if a connection is attempted.

3. ramonbatista

I opened the ports, but still the same.
    I run the Firewall Checker and this some info it shows me :

3CX Firewall Checker, v1.0. Copyright (C) 3CX Ltd. All rights reserved.

<17:04:05>: Phase 1, checking servers connection, please wait...
    <17:04:05>: Stun Checker service is reachable. Phase 1 check passed.
    <17:04:05>: Phase 2a, Check Port Forwarding to UDP SIP port, please wait...
    <17:04:06>: UDP SIP Port is set to 5060. Response received correctly with no translation. Phase 2a check passed.

<17:04:06>: Phase 2b. Check Port Forwarding to TCP SIP port, please wait...
    <17:04:06>: TCP SIP Port is set to 5060. Response received correctly with no translation. Phase 2b check passed.

<17:04:06>: Phase 3. Check Port Forwarding to TCP Tunnel port, please wait...
    <17:04:06>: TCP TUNNEL Port is set to 5090. Response received correctly with no translation. Phase 3 check passed.

<17:04:06>: Phase 4. Check Port Forwarding to RTP external port range, please wait...
    <17:04:09>: UDP RTP Port 9000. Response received correctly with no translation. Phase 4-01 check passed.
    <17:04:09>: UDP RTP Port 9001. Response received correctly with no translation. Phase 4-02 check passed.
    <17:04:09>:
    <17:04:09>: UDP RTP Port 9049. Response received correctly with no translation. Phase 4-50 check passed

So, telling me everything looks like it's okey, but when I type at my other PC in the same network.
    telnet 192.168.2.30 5090, tels me : Could not open connection to the host, on port 5090

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I haven't actually tried that so I can't say whether it should work or not. It may not be an indication of a problem.

Do you see an attempt, in the 3CX logs, to set up the tunnel?

In the 3CX softphone, have you datafilled the public IP of the router 3CX is behind or do you use a Dynamic DNS service to "find" the PBX?

Can you register the softphone without using the tunnel? If that fails, do you see a registration attempt in the 3CX logs? that will use port 5060. If you don't see anything in the 3CX logs then your router, or a firewall , is blocking ports. Or... you have incorrect IP info in the softphone and the registration attempts are going elsewhere.

5. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Your computer is protected by McAfee firewall and I think he blocks the telnet request to your 3CX PhoneSystem.
    If you shutdown McAfee Total Protection and then execute the telnet command again, the problem should be gone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.