problem with vmail attchment

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rizwanshaikh, Oct 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rizwanshaikh

i was just started using 3cx server.everything was ok.i can make call to any extension,voicemail was working fine.i also used to get vmail notification & vmail as attchment.our smtp server was running on 192.168.0.210.my pbx server was running on my pc whose ip was 192.168.1.183 from which i can also ping 192.168.0.210 also. but suddenly i stopped getting vmail notificaton .
    Can anyone tell me what are general guideline to troubleshoot this problem?
    i will be very thankfull to you.

2. abc123

abc123 Active Member

pinging and sending mail are two different things.

Not sure why you have 2 different subnets but that is up to you.

Can you Telnet from your pbx (your pc) to the smtp server on port 25 (or whichever port you have set up for smtp)? I suspect this is the problem and a firewall (most likely where you route through from one subnet to another) is blocking port 25.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

There are too many untold variables here. You are using 2 ranges of IP, is there a router between them? Routing Nat-ting (yes some people do when they would rather use a wifi router as an AP...)? Or perhaps the NICs are multihomed (more than one IP address) VLAN issues?

Is your SMTP server using authentication? Have you looked at the e-mail server logs? That is the first step (SMTP logs). Let us know what they say... Pinging is good as it establishes that you have connectivity and the packets are returned using a proper route. Please share the e-mail server type and if possible add your 192.168.0 and 192.168.1 nets to the whitelist to bypass some security/spam and general filters.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.