• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

problem with voice mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

superl59

Reaction score
hi!

my 3cx pbx is corretly configured but i have a problem with voice mail..

when i call extention with another extention after 30s, the call is transfered to voice mail but if i call with a external phone (GSM), the pbx pick up but no message of voice mail...

i remove and re-install the software but it's the same....

it's a bug?

bye

Config issue??

Sounds like a configuration issue.

Under Lines Click Manage

Click the external number to configure

Scroll to Route inbound calls in office hours --make sure you have it set to an extensions voicemail, ringgroup etc..

Do the same for out of office hours...

Travis

thanks for your response...

i'm have correctly configured the office hours in the manage line...

but after 30s the pbx pick up alone...

in my server status i have that :

10:25:03.870 StratInOut::eek:nHangUp: Call from Ln:10000@09xxxxxx to 999 has been terminated
10:24:52.213 CallLegImpl::eek:nConnCfmd: ConnCfmd: 10000@L:1@C:7
10:24:51.979 CallLegImpl::eek:nConnected: Connected: 10000@L:1@C:7
10:24:36.573 CallConf::eek:nIncoming: Incoming call from Ln:10000@09cccccc to sip:[email protected]

it's very strange, with the previous version it was ok.....

help me

superl59 said:
hi!

my 3cx pbx is corretly configured but i have a problem with voice mail..

when i call extention with another extention after 30s, the call is transfered to voice mail but if i call with a external phone (GSM), the pbx pick up but no message of voice mail...
bye

NAt issue, when you call extensions it stays within the same network segment, when calling from an external phone GSM it will go to your voip provider.

So have a look if you go the correct ports open, it also can be related to the codecs (G711) is not support I believe. So check if that is setup correct.

But my best guess is the UDP ports. Do a search on the forum, a lot is been said about UDP and unable to hear voice when calling from external phones.

Hope this helps
Henk

hi!

i have always the problem!

with an external call (gsm), my ip phone rings and after 30 s the pbx pick up but i have no sound in my gsm phone!

i have disable the windows firewall and i put the ip server in dmz mode but it's the same!

in my server status i have :
??: from 'serveurdom:0/MediaServer':EP:00000006@ payload #13 doesn't correspond initial SDP datalen=1

helpme please....

hi!

my pbx don't run but the problem is not 3cx software.

i trying to install 3cx software on another P.C. and it's fully fonctionnal.

i don't kown why the 3cx software don't run in my server...

i tried to repair Windows XP and i update windows but it's same problem!

i verified if the 711 codec it was in windows and it's ok....

the ip adress in my router is in dmz mode...

what is wrong??

Thanks

Hi,

Did you meet message

"
??: from 'serveurdom:0/MediaServer':EP:00000006@ payload #13 doesn't correspond initial SDP datalen=1
"

in the log of functioning PBX?

Thanks,
Stepan

HI!

no!

there are no error in my log!

thanks!

http://www.3cx.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1066

Above is a link to some info that might help you.

You mentioned:

my pbx don't run but the problem is not 3cx software.
That is good, you do not want it to run anywere (ok bad joke, but I could not resist).

i trying to install 3cx software on another P.C. and it's fully fonctionnal.
Assuming that no firewall is installed on your pc and all calls are outbound on the same network segement.

i don't kown why the 3cx software don't run in my server...
Ok this server you talk about, is that the XP box or 2k3 with ISA? (as you talk about a DMZ zone)

i tried to repair Windows XP and i update windows but it's same problem!
i verified if the 711 codec it was in windows and it's ok....
G711 (U/A) installed on windows, not sure what you mean by that. Are you using a softphone? If so which one?

the ip adress in my router is in dmz mode...
Good, is that router on the same IP segment as our 3cx box? Have a look at the my network diagram (very simplified) re IP segments. That is how I have it configured and it just works :).

Ok now the sound issue, you mentioned you the call is placed you pick it up but you do not hear sound on your GSM phone? No sound at all? or are you be able to hear the IVR?

Is the called party in the possition to hear sound? Eg you can have a simplex conversation (one way only).

I think it has to do (again) with your UDP ports 10000 - 20000 (see my post included in this post) those ports deal with the sound and media. THey need to be open.

Hope this helps.

Henk.

hi!

thanks for you response..

i have 3 pc on windows XP home or pro version...and 3 wifi phones

i have ADSL internet with linksys router WRT54G!

my server is p4 / 512 ram / hdd 120go on windows XP pro,the firewall is disable, its ip adress is 192.168.1.100 (D.H.C.P. enable but ip adress is fixed with M.A.C. Adress)

this ip is in dmz mode

other ip are 192.168.1.101 / 192.168.1.102 for P.C. and 192.168.1.130 to 132 for the phone....

i have open ports in my router....

I don't using soft phone....

i have no sound when i pick it up and i don't hear thr IVR with an external call (G.S.M.) but when i call in internal (extension to extension) it's ok! i hear IVR or/and i have Sound...

thanks...

Ok

Another question for you?

What is your ATA? Or are you dialing a VSP and that one is routed to 3cx?

(extension to extension) it's ok
That works, and should work you have all these devices on the same network segment. Doing extension to extension is done without using an ATA.

i have no sound when i pick it up and i don't hear thr IVR with an external call (G.S.M.)
This got me baffled, how that goes.
You have a GSM phone (eg mobile)
you can call your home number?

The question is when and what are you picking up? Is the IVR resonding to the call by trying to play the message but you do not hear anything?

thanks for you response....

i don't have ata...

i have just 3 wifi phone

all my adress ip begin by 192.168.1

....when i call my home number (voip)....my home phone ring during 30s and 3cx pick up but no sound in phone....

Is the IVR resonding to the call by trying to play the message but you do not hear anything?

yes it's that...

but when i pick up with an external call, there are no sound...

bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.