problem with voice mail

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by scammarano, Apr 17, 2007.

1. scammarano

hi i leave a message in the voicemail but this not send the email with the attachments.

i have configured the mail server but nothing.

excuse my english.

thanks

2. tcgmuc

Hi Scammarano,

are you sure, that your eMail Server allows you to send on SMTP-Port 25 from the machine running 3CX on it ?

Greethings,

Michael.

3. scammarano

I can send messages with outlook using this server, but i don`t know if the port is different.

how can i test the port???

thanks

4. tcgmuc

Hi Scammarano,

try to connect to the Server with telnet.

telnet xxxxxxxxx 25

If there is a response, it works, if not there is a problem with your connection to the server .... Firewall, etc.

xxxx = IP/Servername

Greethings,

Michael.

5. Alexander

Hi Scammarano !

Please have a look at the '3CXVoiceBoxManager.log'. If there were some errors concerning notification sending, then information about them was written to this log-file.
    Please also check that you've defined some of notification options within 3CX Admin Console (Extensions/Manage/Voice Mail Configuration/Email options)

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

question

What email server are you using?

Is it internal eg you have exchange installed at home?

Is it external eg you have a mail server provider?

It will work both ways.

7. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

As tcgmuc suggested, try connecting to the smtp server via telnet and see if you can make a mail connection. If not, you need to troubleshoot that first. Or else use your mail client and test the mail server settings that you entered in 3Cx phone system and try to send a mail.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Trying to connect to it via telnet is good, if that protocol is allowed if not than it will not work. For example on my network no hope in h... that you can telnet to my mail server :).

There are two scenarios:

1. you mail server is at the ISP, if so than configure it as it mentioned you have to configure it for your outlook mail eg the outgoing mail server. This can be mail.[name of company].com or something like that. It has to be the outgoing mail server (that is the receiving mail server at the ISP).
    Some ISP's want to have authentication on the mail server to use as gateway, if that is the case with you you will have a problem. This is something for 3cX to sort out and allow for authentication details to be provided to the ISP. I recently changed that on my host farm, this to stop spammers etc.

2. you have your own mail server. Make sure you SMTP connector is configured and especially the SMTP virtual machine on your exchange. If you have problems checking that let me know.
    For this to work use [ip address of your mail server]:25 that will work.