• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Problem with voicemail messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

hainesk967

Reaction score
I'm having a problem where when I play back messages, they cut in and out. It's like the message starts and stops then starts again. Happens on some messages and not on others. I don't lose any part of the message, it just stops, then picks up right where it left off. The interval between starts and stops is about 4 or 5 seconds. Like this:

"Hi, this is Bob Smith, and I'm call........................ing in regards to some paperwork I requested last wee................k and was wondering what the status is."

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm using the free edition 10 SP3.

Thanks!

It might be a system capacity issue. You don't say what type of PC (processor/memory, operating system) that you are using.
If you play back a message more than once, dose it cut out in the same spots, or different, each time. If it is always in the same spots then it would indicate that it was not being recorded properly.

It is consistent between replays. And on the messages that don't have this problem, it never occurs. Also, the system prompts never have this problem. I thought of this, but the system I'm using is a 2.8ghz quad core xeon with hyperthreading and 10gb of ram and is running on a 60gb SSD. So I don't think this is the issue.

I'm still stumped.... :(

Most probably this is a network issue. Can you analyze your network traffic -- delays, jitters, loss of packets, etc.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.