Problems 3cx on iphone 10

Discussion in 'iOS' started by verweijen, Apr 17, 2018 at 10:25 AM.

1. verweijen

Hello ,

I have some problems with my iphone 10 and 3cx.
    Most of the time the app doesn't work.
    its registered but the calls are not comming in on the app,
    or when the calls come in it takes a very long time to ring.
    When i register the account on another iphone (7) or on an android the app works fine.

Are there more people that are having problems with the 3cx on an iphone 10.

(The iphone 10 is working on the latest firmware , as even the 3CX is working on the latest firmware)

2. Faserm

3. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

@verweijen
    I'm not aware of any iPhoneX-specific issues with the iOS client, apart from some minor UI tweaks we just made in the latest 15.5.14.x beta - right these days I've been in chat with some of our customers who are using it and they had no complaints.

What's the version of your iOS client (Settings/About)? Are you member of our Beta program so you can try the latest 15.5.14?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Shawn

how do you become a member of the beta program for the iOS client?
    I'm still having the same issues as this thread

https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/ios-client-does-not-ring-unless-app-is-in-focus.54058/

and would like to try the beta version to see if it makes any difference. my installation is simple with nothing unusual so i am a bit baffled as to why android clients work ok (for the most part) and iOS clients do not ring on inbound calls when the app is not in focus. chat works fine regardless of the status of the client

5. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Shawn

thank you vali. since my other thread is closed, i'll post my solution to the iOS push issue here. I did 3 things and am not 100% sure which one fixed the push issue but I think opening port 443 was it. The 3 things were:

1. opened outbound port 443 on the 3cx server (some research and found that apparently 3CX contacts APSN via 443 to initiate a push notification)

2. also opened outbound TCP 2195-2196 according to the 3CX firewall config guide

3. downloaded new iOS certificate on the 3CX updates

push is now working on all of our iOS clients.

7. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

What's still unclear for me is why, from all your iPhones, ONLY the X model didn't work? This is what I understood, that for only this particular model the push is not working, am I correct?