• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Problems and questions to 3cx Windows client

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredyWenger

Customer
Reaction score
Hi
I work with Windows 10, 1803.
As we have an own CTI application that shows the caller name and make some protocol entries for incoming calls, we need a working TAPI driver.
As the in the 3cx Windows client included Tapi driver don’t seems to work correct with Snom (d345), we have bought and installed extelsio TAPI driver for snom (that works over action URLs on the (specific) snom phone).

As Snom don’t support Opus, I’ now in tests with Yeaklink (T46s) and therefore do a further test with the 3cx Windows client and the included Tapi driver.

Principally, it looks good (the TAPI seems to work correct with the Yealink), but I have a few problems with the 3cx Windows client that make it unusable for us:

1.) If I close the 3cx Windows client, I’m not able to start it again:
By first start of the client, the behavior is normal:
- Client is started and the main form is showed
-- In task manager, the client is showed under “Apps”
If I then close the client (with the “x” or also over the menu) the 3cx client disappears in task manager from “Apps” and appears under “Tasks” (so it ‘s still running)
If I then start it again... nothing happens (main form = interface is not showed).
To be able to see the interface again, I have to shut down the task in task manager and start it again…
Is this a known problem, and - if yes - is work in progress to fix it?

2.) Settings (configuration) are not stored:
We principally use the “hard phones” in the daily work and want to serve it over the TAPI driver.
To reach this, I have to change the mode from “softphone” to “desktop phone” (in the Windows client) and further to select the “to use” desktop phone (as I have two yet - a not working Snom and a working Yealink).
So I need the mode “desktop phone” per default with my Yealink desktop phone (an then have to change to “softphone”, if I want to talk over a headset -> only, If I know, that I will have a loooong call;-).
As I don’t have found any “Save button”, I thought, that the settings automatically are saved, what unfortunately seems not to be the case...?

Can it really be, that such settings can’t be stored (and the settings also are not stored automatically) or how can I store the settings?
If it should not be possible yet, this “small” function should be enhanced absolutely.

Thanks for a feedback.

Reactions: Markus Schröder
Is this a known problem, and - if yes - is work in progress to fix it?
This is not a known issue. I have no issues closing and opening the app on my windows 10. Keep in mind that if you close the app using the "x" button then you need to re-open it from the windows tray. If you press on the icon on the taskbar the app will not open.

Regarding the configuration options please note that if you navigate to your extension settings in the management console / Phone provisioning tab and you select the 3CX client from the drop down menu, you can set in which mode you want the client to start under preferences. If you want to start it in CTI mode you need to select IP phone.
Unfortunately you will manually have to select which IP phone you want to use as you cannot store this setting.

Reactions: FredyWenger
Thanks for your replay.
I have changed the setting to the softphone to "Call control: IP phone"
After doing that, the client was started in CTI mode and I was asked after the start, which one of the phones I want to use...
I have noted, that the TAPI for incoming calls don't work, if two phones are connected (event incoming call is not fired) or the behavior to incoming calls is not stable (see also above).

I then have disconnected the second IP phone (snom) and waited until the phone was disappeared in the "phones list" of the 3cx.
After that, the client was started in CTI Mode and have selected automatically the Yealink.
But the TAPI for incoming calls have not worked for a longer time (event incoming call was not fired).
After a few tries and restarts of the 3cx client, it seems to work now (I will check out, if it run's stable over a longer time...).
Regarding the close and restart, I have done further tests…
I was not able to trigger the behavior (client not closed completely with "Close 3cx Client" from menu).
And the start from windows tray works, after the client was closed with the "x" button.
So... for me it's a strange behavior (the interface also should be showed, if the client is started with the shortcut), but O.K. (if known).

So finally thanks for your explanation's…

I will investigate the TAPI behavior (with only one IP phone connected) the next time.

Reactions: Markus Schröder
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.