Problems Connecting to SkypeConnect

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mantalope, Jun 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mantalope

Hello,

I have set up a Skype Connect account and when I try to register, I am receiving this error:

Registration at SkypeConnect has failed. Destination (sip:[USER NAME HERE]@sip.skype.com:5060) is not reachable, DNS error resolving FQDN, or service is not available.

I can ping sip.skype.com and firewall checker reports no problem.

I am NOT using STUN and have set the contact registration to my public IP address (static)

Any suggestions?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Put the IP for sip.skype.com ( 78.141.179.70) in 3CX, in place of the URL. If that works then there is a problem with your DNS server settings.

3. mantalope

I get the same error message when I use the static IP as with the domain name.

EDIT: More Information - when I try to register with a bad password, it will respond with unauthorized, so it appears that a connection is being made.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Perhaps try using another device to register/call, the 3CX phone?, to see if the issue is device (3CX PBX) specific.

5. mantalope

Problem appears to be solved. I regenerated my password on Skype's website and updated the password in 3CX and it registered. There must have been something corrupted with the password in Skype's database. Strange.

Thanks for the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.