Problems Registering Extensions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by technismo, Nov 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. technismo

We are having issues with some extensions successfully registering with 3CX. We are seeing messages such as these in the system activity logs

Code:
    09-Nov-2015 01:43:49.048   [CM302001]: Authorization system can not identify source of: UnkSrc Recv Req SUBSCRIBE from 10.10.100.200:1028 tid=01aa08f0 Call-ID=00083031-401c000e-32c1ee16-524f8904@10.10.100.200:
    and

Code:
    09-Nov-2015 01:42:22.600   [CM100002]: *!* Exception detected: ParseBuffer.cxx:654, Parse failed Illegal escaping in context: From
    <sip:%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%9@192.168.*.*>;tag=68bc0c8xxxxxxb13363884-1488b803
    We are also seeing a high number of extension un-registrations.

Any one know what we can do to get these phones and extensions registered? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. 12494

12494 Member

How about some more information?

1. did these extensions register before?
    2. are they local or remote?
    3. if remote - stun, sbc?
    4 What make/model of phone? firmware version? pbx version?

Allen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. technismo

Thanks Allan,
    1. No they did not register before. They keep rebooting and flagging those errors in the log.
    2. Local
    3. n/a
    4. Cisco 6901. Firm. 9-3-1-2 3CX v.14

4. 12494

12494 Member

Sometimes when phones keep rebooting there is a firmware problem.

However, you may be chasing a dead horse since I do not see your phone on the 3cx supported phones list.

http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/

Allen

correction - I think that should have been 'beating a dead horse'.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

I wouldnt go as far as to say your are beating a dead horse becuase a phone isnt supported doesnt mean it should/will not work it simply means 3cx will not asssist you with those handsets. With that being said if you are going to use unsupported phones you should be able to support them yourself or with assistance from the distributor. Are the Cisco 6901 actually SIP phones using the SIP protocol or are the currently setup to use Cisco's proprietary protocol? Have you been able to register any phone to your system? Have you tried registering those phones to another pbx to see what the result is? Have you reached out to Cisco to provide you with some assistance as of yet? As 12492 said could be a firmwaare issues as well you said other phones are rebooting and re registering are they the same model phone, and are they all on the same firmware?

6. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

The 6901 is a phone, that when delivered, is not SIP compatible. The firmware version you posted is a SCCP version which is the Cisco Skinny Client Control Protocol for use with Cisco's UCM.

There is a version of firmware that is reportedly SIP capable which can be had from Cisco's site. It will have an SR in the version. 9-3-1-SR2-2.

I have a client who was interested in the same phone. In reading the Cisco documentation, it was somewhat ambiguous as to how compatible with the SIP protocol it really was. I called Cisco and queried them on whether or not the device met the RFC for SIP when running the firmware. The call center was unable to answer the question and kept inquiring as to how big the opportunity was, any future projects and other questions hoping to get some future business. They finally took my name and number and indicated that they would have a Cisco reseller call me back within 3 to 4 days with an answer. That was last Monday and still no call.

Cisco has changed the UCM so that it will work with other SIP enabled phones as they were losing some business over being proprietary and some simply wanted the features or looks and price that others could provide. I assume that it will work once the correct firmware is installed, but before I will recommend to my client I want the assurance that it is indeed RFC compliant to the SIP standard.

So, give this a shot and let us know:

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=282933048&flowid=46239&softwareid=282074289&release=9.3(1)SR2&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=all

7. technismo

Thank you for all for the helpful responses to my earlier query.

The Cisco CP-6901 phones are working satisfactorily with 3cx. There is a fairly painful issue, some would say, with the phones completely ignoring the dial plan. This means that the inter-digit timeout is fixed at 10 seconds, sending the calls to the server 10 seconds after the last digit is dialed. Cisco does not seem interested in releasing a firmware update that fixes this issue. This issue specifically occurs with third party VOIP systems :x

For this reason, I would not recommend these phones for a deployment with 3CX or any other system. Unfortunately for this site, the phones are already purchased and in use.

8. technismo

Just to add, the rebooting issue was related to DHCP. Cisco DHCP server appears to have an issue with conflict logging that causes the DHCP pool to be exhausted. This causes phones to constantly reboot when leases expire and the device cannot lease another IP address. Fixed by adding a large scope and turning off conflict logging. We do not recommend this dhcp service (running on a switch) for large sites.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.