Problems setting up a "hunt", "rotary" group with D.A.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bentt2000, Jun 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bentt2000

Hi:

I'm almost done settuping up 3CX which is an awesome product! I am attempting to set up the 3CX PBX for our office. Basically, it will be 2 VOIP lines. Here is a setup:

Line #1 setup:
    (Provider) Call-Waiting: Disabled
    (Provider) Call-Forwarding On Busy: Forwards to line #2 when busy
    (3CX) Incoming Calls: Routed to "Main Greeting" digital assistant

Line #2 setup
    (Provider) Call-Waiting: Disabled
    (Provider) Call-Forwarding on Busy: Forwards to line #1 when busy
    (3CX) Incoming Calls: Routed to same "Main Greeting" digital assistant as Line #1

Problem scenario:
    1) Person A calls line #1. Digital assistant picks up and plays "Main Greeting" scenario as expected.
    2) Person B calls line #1 which is busy and forwarded to line #2. However, instead of the digital assistant playing on line #2, the caller hears nothing. However, if caller punches in an extension, it works. So, 3CX is picking up the call but not playing the digital assistant.

Diagnostics I've taken:
    1) Checked trunk status when both calls come through. First trunk for Line #1 picks up when caller A calls with caller A's caller id. Second trunk for Line #2 picks up when caller B calls and shows caller B's caller id (so I know for sure that 3CX is picking up the call).
    2) Created a second digital assistant that is exactly the same as digital assistant #1. If Line #2 is routed to digital assitant #2, that works.

Is there a limit on how many callers can be using each digital assistant? So, i have five lines, I need five digital assistants with the exact same options? Or, can I reuse a single digital assistant?

Obviously, I would like to have the digital assitant play on all lines as expected. What am I doing wrong? I've gone over the settings but don't seem to be able to get it to work correctly. Please help! I read similar posts about how to roll over busy calls to the second line but they don't address this specific issue I am having. Thank you in advance for any support you guys can give me!

2. bentt2000

I got it working. On the provider end, I had set Line #1 for simultaneous ring for line #1 and line #2. That caused the problem. I turned that setting on on my provider end and it worked perfectly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.