• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Problems using the tunnell

Status
Not open for further replies.

haywardi

Free User
Reaction score
Device Info
-------------------------------------------------------
Phone Model: Samsung Galaxy Note II
Firmware Version: 3.0.31-479347

Hi,

I've just loaded 3CX onto my android phone and have set it up to work on the internal LAN (and it works on the LAN), but I'm struggling with getting it to register and use outside.

My situation perhaps isn't as straight forward as it might appear.

My 3CX server is set-up behind a firewall. But because of constant hacking, I've limited the access to port 5060 to my SIP providers IP addresses only.

Therefore I thought I needed to use the 3cx tunnel to create my connection. If I understand this correctly, the tunnel uses (by default) port 5090. I've therefore opened 5090 with TCP and UDP and pointed it to my 3CX server. I then added a firewall rule to pass immediately all traffic to port 5090 from the WAN.

For the purpose of my testing, I tried two configs.

The first was to set the out of office tick box whilst still within the reach of my lan. As expected it dropped the connection and attempted to re-establish. The display reads 'registering', then it gets to the message 'Tunnel connecting' and then just goes to 'not registered'

The second attempt was to turn off wifi forcing the connection over 3g and try again, this had the same result.

I've checked the server log and NOTHING is appearing as if the connection isn't even getting to 3cx.

This I suspect means that there is a firewall problem, but I don't know where to look now.

Is the problem caused by me tying down port 5060 so hard?

All advise greatly appreciated.
Iain

OOps should have added I'm using 3CX 10!
Iain

OK forgot it, finger problems by me - really sorry!

I forgot to add the local IP address of my 3cx server in the tunnel configuration...... :oops: :oops: :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louderapps
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.