problems when entering the lock screen

Discussion in 'iOS' started by paulorgs90, Jul 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paulorgs90

when my iphone locks (automatically), I can not receive calls on my 3cx. I realized that after locking the iphone, the 3cx crashes in less than 10 minutes, so I have to unlock it for 3cx returning to work.

2. thames

thames New Member

Hi there

My 3CX for iPhone version 12 is not crashing when the iPhone is locked or goes to sleep. It stays running in the background but loses the connection to the server even though I have my IOS 7 set to allow apps to refresh in the background. I have an Android phone as well which works perfectly - the phone rings in my pocket even though it's "asleep and locked".

I would love to know whether there is a setting available for the iPhone version which would resolve this issue.

Cheers
    Chris

3. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

the v12 phone is desinged to go to sleep once in BG. to get to the calles the pbx will send you push messages when enabled for your extension

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. thames

thames New Member

Thanks, Stefan

Only problem is that it takes so long to get the phone out of the pocket, type in the access pin, load the 3CX app from the background, wait for it to register again, that the call usually ends up going away.

The Android phone I have does the job perfectly - rings even though the phone is asleep. Why the difference?

Cheers
    Chris

5. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

therfor the android is done withing 5h the iphone not. just extend the ring timer from default 20 to 30 sec. that will be plenty of time. even the hole process from starting, registering and pickup is performed below 10 sec...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.