Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Problems with 3cx and skype getway outbound

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by kaneco, Nov 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaneco

I am new to 3cx so please forgive my ignorance. I have installed 3cx and the skype getway on the some computer I use this tutorial http://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/skype.html. I have 3 sip phones installed and work on same network without any problems, I can call for each one. From the INTERNET I can make a call using skype and receive a call on sip phone programed to receive this call, but my problem is to make calls from this sip phones to the skype people it's this possible? How can i do this. what i have to do in configuration to do this?

best regards

2. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

Yes you can call outbound with the Skype gateway. The big difference in calling Skype users is that the Skype name uses letters rather than numbers. You therefore need to create a rule where the first digit can be a,b,c,d,e through to z. Your softphones can then dial a Skype name. If you subscribe to Skype Out, then you could create a rule where the first digit is 9 or zero. Once you get the hang of outbound rules it is easy.

I hope that helps.
    Richard

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.