• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Problems with 3cx client for windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

alanbolitho

Reaction score
I have just migrated to ver 12 of the phone system. Everything seems to work with the phone system. However, the windows sip client ver 12 has some issues.

1 Crashes repeatedly in Windows xp and windows 7 and windows 8.
2 Does not support a microphone setup and must use the default windows setup which is problematic.
3 Very jittery to the point of unusable. (3cx windows client ver 6 is perfect in same environments)
4 Very unpolished presence service. As opposed to the myphone client and the previous presence client)
5 Can not get the microphone to work on a standard headset

I do like the new look and feel of the phone and the built in myphone service is a good idea (now called presence).

My question is:
1 When can we expect this to be ready? (I noticed that these questions have been asked by others since May.)
2 Has anyone had similar issues and found workarounds?
3 3cx Phone client for Windows stores a config file somewhere on the hard drive. Where is it located?

Cheers
Alan

Response to this statement.

5 Can not get the microphone to work on a standard headset

It would help if I port forwarded correctly. silly me. Microphone works perfectly now!

As for the jittery line. This has solved itself and is clear as a bell. Unknown solution. I could put it down to temporary poor internet connection. Both clients ver 12 and ver 6 working well.

Still waiting for a reply on whether 3cx client ver 12 will get options to select microphone / speaker settings.

I'm liking the new client more and more.
Cheers
Alan

Kevin posted pics of the "sneak peek".. and they delivered these audio options in 12 SP1.

Audio Options was added in Settings.
And.. FINALLY, I can adjust them without the app reconnecting to my PBX.. seemed silly, like the old days of Windows 95 and changing an IP or DNS address.. reboot!.

Small victories. :)

Another Update:
Ok Another updated 3cx client for windows V12. My previous post requested the inclusion of the ability to choose the mic/speaker/ringer channels (ie: through which speaker/mic will the sounds be generated by or sent to.) This has been included in the latest version of the client and it works perfectly on Win 8 / Win 7 but client crashes repeatedly on win xp.

On the Win XP box, it also has the option to select the speaker/mic under settings but when I attempt to modify the settings it ignores any attempt to change them.

Does anyone have a solution for this on Win XP. (Upgrading to win 7 on the this computer is not an option)

Cheers
ALan

Not supported.. but don't let that stop you from trying. SP3? Sounds like a silly question, but isn't.

Considering I'm keeping my clients in compliance with HIPAA/PCI/SOX by dumping XP, I can understand why they did as well. SolidWorks did as of 2013.

Not trying to "poo-poo" your idea of XP.. but it is a matter of time before nobody has much for it.

That being said, I can still get VNC on Win95.. go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.