Problems with a remote extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by pstmg, Nov 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pstmg

Hello all,

could you please be so kind and let me know why one of my remote extensions connects to 3CX PBX and after some time (5 minutes or less) it appears to be disconected in the system?
    More strange is that if you go to configurations menu of that router you can see a message saying it is connected and the router external 'voice' light is turn on.
    Calls can be made, but not received because PBX thinks that extension is offline.

I am using one Speetouch 780 WL with voip adsl modem/router

Some help will be apreciated

Regards
    Paulo

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you are using the ATA ports on a modem/router, that also serves your 3Cx server, then there may be some issues. Those ports may be on the WAN side of the router and not originally intended to be used with a service on the LAN side. that's not to say that it won't work, but there may be some port conflicts, or STUN issues that you have to work out.
    Look in the 3CX logs and see if the ATA is registering with a public, or private IP.

3. pstmg

Well the problem is related with router firewall that closes outside keep alives, I don't know why. I've tried to open some ports 5060, 9000-9049, directly to router but it didn't help much, with a certain amount of time the 3CX server located in another network disconnects that extension. Will try to change router and see if it helps :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.