• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Problems with changing Wan's on FortiGate firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagicDave

Reaction score
HI,

We are changing over from WAN1 to WAN2 on a fortigate firewall. I'm not programming the firewall, the customer is and we are having problems whenever we over the lines over. The firewall checking is failing on the first check of 5060. Is there anything I can do on the 3cx side of things or is this all firewall?

Without having more details of the config, this will be tough to troubleshoot. That said, the issue resides in the firewall. My assumption is the states table on the Fortigate are likely maintaining the 5060 connection on WAN1. After swapping the connection over to WAN2, try killing the states for the 3cx system or otherwise reboot the router. This will allow the traffic to use the new WAN2 (assuming the routing is setup correctly).

At the end of the day, the configuration that worked for WAN1 should work for WAN2 if it was setup properly. This does not appear to be a 3cx issue.

There's nothing you can do on the pbx side.The problem with that is port forwarding. Base on your statement, WAN1 was working fine but when transferring the cable to WAN2, your firewall checker would fail. This is because all ports required by the 3cx was port forwarded to WAN1. Tell your client to look at the ports forwarded from internal port to WAN1 then port forwards these ports to WAN2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.