problems with mail server (slow, voicemail keeps stopping)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by treepio, Dec 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. treepio

Hello!

I'm currently experiencing a problem with my mail server.
    I have my voicemails configured to be sent to my mailbox, but after the update from version 12 version 14 my 3cx won't send the voicemails automatically.

If I restart my call history service it floods my inbox with the missed voicemails, but otherwise nothing seems to happen.
    whilst trying to troubleshoot, I noticed that sending welcome mails to my own email also takes many minutes.

I'm afraid that some settings haven't been saved in the backup or something, but I don't know how to fix this.

Please share any thoughts you may have on the problem!

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

You do not provide any information regarding your mail server - OS, Mail Server Software (MS, Google, etc), and premise or cloud based.

I upgraded from 12.5 to 14 and use Exchange for my mail server and did not have any issues.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. treepio

You're right, sorry.

My 3cx server is running on a virtual machine, with OS windows 7 (64).
    I'm using outlook.office365.com as my mail server, previously used smtp.office365.com.
    Same results either way, it's just something I tried to fix this problem.
    This is a cloud based solution.

I've checked some random things, which I thought might be related to the problem.
    Port forwarding is configured correctly, my VM was running out of memory, so I gave it more.
    My own company email account also works with the same smtp, no issues.
    I've checked the verbose logs, but found nothing.

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You can check if the 3CX Phone System is getting any error response from the SMTP, but you must first set it to Verbose logging.

Once you do that, when the mails stop being delivered again open file C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Logs\CallHistoryService.log and search for "System.Net.Mail.SmtpException" (without quotes). Next to that if you find any it will give you the SMTP response.
    Generally if you don't see any such lines it usually means that the message was delivered to the SMTP.

Also worth noting, if you have not installed V14 Service Pack 2, I would recommend doing so as the stability of the 3CX CallHistory service has been improved and may solve the issue as well.

5. treepio

When I open the callhistoryservice log I see a wall of
    2016/01/08 09:23:24.885|4368|0016|Erro|Error received from WebMeeting portal 'Wrong email or password.'
    2016/01/08 09:23:32.783|4368|0003|Erro|Error received from WebMeeting portal 'Wrong email or password.'
    2016/01/08 09:23:32.913|4368|0003|Erro|Error received from WebMeeting portal 'Wrong email or password.'
    2016/01/08 09:23:40.780|4368|0016|Erro|Error received from WebMeeting portal 'Wrong email or password.'

They are being sent every few seconds. I don't have a webmeeting portal in use, so I don't know why this error is showing up.
    Could it be that this constant stream of errors is preventing my voicemail from working?

6. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I don't think so but it is something that would be a good idea to rule out.

In the Management Console go to the "WebMeeting" node, press settings and then press the "Disable Webmeeting" button. After doing this restart all the services and check the log file again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.