Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Problems with ODBC Connection

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by GManNAtl, Aug 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GManNAtl

After much trial and error I have the Database Access almost working. I am using an ODBC Connection and have logging turned on for the ODBC Driver so I can view all queries. I have also checked the logs on my database and see an incoming ODBC connection login and disconnect as expected. I have also ran a wireshark trace on my DB server and see two way traffic that looks as expected. So, everything seems to be working, however it does not and I get the error below in the Errors_DatabaseAccess.log.

Code:
    2013-08-10 14:24:03.293
    System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException (0x80131937)
       at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(OdbcHandle hrHandle, RetCode retcode)
       at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcDataReader.GetColAttribute(Int32 iColumn, SQL_DESC v3FieldId, SQL_COLUMN v2FieldId, HANDLER handler)
       at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcDataReader.GetSqlType(Int32 i)
       at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcDataReader.GetValue(Int32 i)
       at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcDataReader.GetValues(Object[] values)
       at ASP.directory_debug_41_directory_mf_databaseaccesscomponent1_doit_aspx.executeStatement(IDbConnection conn, String statementType, String sqlStatement, Int32 timeout) in c:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\ivr\Directory_Debug_41\Directory_MF_databaseAccessComponent1_DoIt.aspx:line 50
       at ASP.directory_debug_41_directory_mf_databaseaccesscomponent1_doit_aspx.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\ivr\Directory_Debug_41\Directory_MF_databaseAccessComponent1_DoIt.aspx:line 140
    I have ran through the code and can't understand why I am getting connection errors if everything above looks good. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

Hi there,

I've been investigating about this error, and found some articles that may be helpful:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4302204/ado-net-source-giving-error-dts-e-inducedtransformfailureonerror-in-ssis

There is a hotfix from Microsoft that could be useful:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;969845&sd=rss&spid=13165

Regards,

3. GManNAtl

Thanks for the suggestion, but it did not work.

Anyway, for anyone else that is having problems I have a suggestion. I didn't realize initially, but the Web Interaction does return the HTML result. So, I just simply wrote a PHP page that returns what I was trying to access via ODBC, and it works perfectly. If you have the skills or ability to write PHP/ASP, etc. it is a much more simple solution.

4. Florrio

Hi Guys

I am new to this whole 3CX thing and quite enjoying the experience thus far. I just a question around VAD as I want to use 3CX to replace our current call center solution.

My requirement is this, I need a comfort message played every 30 seconds for calls waiting the queue. I cannot find this option in the CC module at all but I really need this. Additional to this we run call center queues for 12 different languages so I will need to be able to update this message at any time. Can this be done in VAD at all?
    :roll: :twisted: 8) :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

No, the VAD will let you create voice apps, but can't change the behavior of the 3CX queue.

You could create your own queue logic with the VAD, and keep the users connected until an agent is available, and play the comfort message everytime you want, but be aware that that would be a very challenging project...

If you need a specific feature with 3CX, my recommendation is that you suggest it in the 3CX ideas site: http://www.3cx.com/ideas.

Kind regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.