• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Problems with Outbound Rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

lalejos

Reaction score
Hi, I created an outbound rule with prefix 8, and mask r. If I dial 84100, this number is recognized by the system, the digit 8 is stripped, and 4100 is sent to the Voip pstn device configured for this rule, the call progress and the 4100 is called. But, if I modify the rule, or create another one with prefix 41, and without any transform mask (no r), it is not possible to call 4100. It seems that 3CX have a conflict number with digit 41. I'm using internal numbers 4001 to 4022 for testing . At the other end have numbers with 2xxx, 3xxx and 41xx. Same problem with 3XXX. No problem when making rules for 2xxx numbers. It's a little crazy. Does 3CX have some internal numbers with 3xxx and 4xxx ? Could you help me?

Hi lalejos

It's probably not a problem with 3cx. I'd guess it's something to do with the PSTN device. Which one are you using? Does it have a dialing plan?

Can you post the service status log to show what happens when you dial 4100 with your 41 outbound rule?

Well, i had that same problem here, and for what i could find out. Here's what happens. If you have a 4 digit extensions you cannot dial outside numbers without a prefix, and this happens becouse you set of internal extension is in the 4000 range and with 4 numbers. If you change your extensions to, for example 9000 range, then you can dial 4100 without having to dial a number first... This happened to me and thats what i figured out from what happened. All work good now, i just have to use a internal range diferent from the numbers i use for outside connections. So your problem is, numbers within the 4000 range with 4 digits cant be dialed out without dianling a number(to be stripped) first...
Cheers

Ok. I think that miraportuga have a clue about this. I will check with another internal numbering plan and tell you about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albert.f
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.