Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Problems with Outbound Rule

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by lalejos, Nov 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lalejos

Hi, I created an outbound rule with prefix 8, and mask r. If I dial 84100, this number is recognized by the system, the digit 8 is stripped, and 4100 is sent to the Voip pstn device configured for this rule, the call progress and the 4100 is called. But, if I modify the rule, or create another one with prefix 41, and without any transform mask (no r), it is not possible to call 4100. It seems that 3CX have a conflict number with digit 41. I'm using internal numbers 4001 to 4022 for testing . At the other end have numbers with 2xxx, 3xxx and 41xx. Same problem with 3XXX. No problem when making rules for 2xxx numbers. It's a little crazy. Does 3CX have some internal numbers with 3xxx and 4xxx ? Could you help me?

2. iang

Hi lalejos

It's probably not a problem with 3cx. I'd guess it's something to do with the PSTN device. Which one are you using? Does it have a dialing plan?

Can you post the service status log to show what happens when you dial 4100 with your 41 outbound rule?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

Well, i had that same problem here, and for what i could find out. Here's what happens. If you have a 4 digit extensions you cannot dial outside numbers without a prefix, and this happens becouse you set of internal extension is in the 4000 range and with 4 numbers. If you change your extensions to, for example 9000 range, then you can dial 4100 without having to dial a number first... This happened to me and thats what i figured out from what happened. All work good now, i just have to use a internal range diferent from the numbers i use for outside connections. So your problem is, numbers within the 4000 range with 4 digits cant be dialed out without dianling a number(to be stripped) first...
    Cheers

4. lalejos

Ok. I think that miraportuga have a clue about this. I will check with another internal numbering plan and tell you about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.