• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Problems with Panasonic TGP500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espis

Reaction score
Hello. It's my first time trying to install a VOIP system as a practical work for my university and I have some issues. Wherever I go, support isn't free so I was in search of forums where I could ask other people with experience and now I'm here. So the thing is I installed 3cx phone system on my local computer. I followed the manual, connected the TGP500 to my TPlink router, opened ports, put the provisioning links where they belong (following the 3cx tutorial) and the status bar on the base station still is flashing in orange. I'm stuck at this point for about a month now and can't find any sollutions. Another thing I noticed is that Dect phones DO register, but as I try to authenticate them, the base station restarts and nothing happens. By the way, authentication passwords in SIP settings goes back to default. I have two phones registered and they call each other thru intercom, but as I try to authenticate them same thing happens all over again. I will add some pictures to make it clearer what I'm trying to say and what help I need.

Pcitures: http://imgur.com/a/gcZBo

Hi,

The handset may register to the base but the ext. nrs 236 and 237 don’t register to the PBX.
I assume you have manually setup the TGP500?

Before you are going to auto provisioning the base, please setup the base accounts manually to check if the extensions are registered to the PBX properly.
First reset the TGP500 base to the factory defaults and re-register the handsets to the base if needed.
Then manually setup SIP Settings [Line 1] exactly as shown in the examples on:
http://www.3cx.com/blog/ip-phone-config ... tgp500b01/
but with the next adds:
Service Domain: <IPofPBX>
DNS, SIP extensions and Security: “No”
Check if Line 1 registered to the PBX. (VoIP Status)

Yes? Then go to “Maintenance” tab > “Provisioning Maintenance” and change the “Standard File URL” field with:
"http://IPofPBX:5000/..." and end with .cfg (not .Cfg)
After pressing “Save” the base reboots and provisioning is in progress.

If everything is working as expected, then you may change other settings like: Management Server and Firmware Maintenance.

Hello. It does not register. Says registering and nothing changes. However I noticed one thing. After auto privisioning, Firmware File URL fills up automatically, and when I go to Telephone -> Line1, I see that it updated the display name I specified in the PBX. Another thing I noticed in the base station is that it doesn't let me change the authentication password in Voip -> Line1. When I change any other field, it does save it, and notifies me in red letters about saving. But when I change authentication password, the web page only refreshes and it goes back to default and doesn't write Saved nor Complete. And when I try to authenticate a dect phone, the base station restarts itself as soon as I push the back button a couple of times on the phone.

Just an idea here, if you tried manually registering the extensions on the Base Station, if they were incorrect, the IP might have become blacklisted in the Management Console, the the IP Blacklist under System Status to see of the IP of the Base Station is listed there, if yes, remove it and try rebooting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NicolasAunixo
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.