• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Problems with phonesystem / router

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommirock

Reaction score
Hi there.

Ive been using the 3CX phone system running on windows server 2003 for many years without any issues on version9 and on a using a netgear dg834 router.

I had to reformat the server last week and i also upgrade the router to a Netgear DGN3700 N600.
Have installed windows server 2008 and the latest version of 3CX phonesystem and restored my backup.

The phone system when we make outgoing calls has one way audio only but works fine if somebody calls in, however some times even if someone calls in it is one way audio only and the digital receptionist doesn't play to the caller its just blank.

I plugged in my old Netgear DG834 router and everything started working fine.
So back to the new router, i have opened all the ports necessary as stated on the 3CX website and also ran the firewall checker in 3CX phonesystem which it shows all checks passing OK.

Can anyone help me shed some light to this mystery or what I haven't configured right on the new Netgear DGN3700 Router.

Thankyou in advanced.

I found opening all ports outbound from pbxip to all external Ips helped me on my watch guard.

Could it be an issue with SIP ALG?

http://www.ehow.com/how_7468898_disable-sip-alg-netgear.html

Sounds like an issue with your router configuration, be assured when you enable port forwarding on your router its both TDP and UDP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.