• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Problems with Queues and external numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

viztechsolutions

Reaction score
Hi All

I have always used hardware based VoIP systems with the exception of trixbox and i am starting to sink my teeth into 3cx and as a whole i am massivly impressed.

I am having one issue though. I have set it up for my buisiness and thrown the trixbox out the door. The way i have my call queues setup is that it ring the phones in the office as well as my mobile as sometimes i am out and there is no one else in the office and all calls must be answered.

I tried setting up an external extention and my mobile does not ring so i set my own extention up to ring my mobile as well.

Here is where the main issue is. If i dial any mobile from my phone it works fine but if the system rings the mobile via the queue my mobile does ring but it does not set the call up and the phone keep ringning in the office. The system logs show Call or Registration to 0408xxxxxx@(Ln.10000@IInet) has failed. [ V4 203.55.231.200:5060 UDP target domain=unspecified mFlowKey=796 ] replied: 404 Not found; from IP:203.55.231.200:5060

so it appears that if its a system initiated call it does not set the headers up correctly.

Anyone have any clues as to why 1. setting up an external extention does not work and why when i have my mobile ringing as well as my extention i get the above string.

Thanks
Mathew

@viztechsolutions:

A more detailed look into the SIP messages being exchanged will give you a MUCH better idea of what is causing this.

I would look at a Wireshark capture taken at the PBX while replicating the issue. This will confirm that it is indeed IP Address "203.55.231.200" that is responding with a "404" response, but will also give you a more complete view of which calls are being set up and connected.

Since your mobile phone is actually ringing, it seems that there is more happening than immediately hits the eye. Under normal circumstances, if the VoIP Provider rejects the call with "404" you would not expect the mobile phone to ring at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmirLD
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.