problems with registering

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cristina, Jul 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cristina

I have installed 3cx in a pc with ip 150.214.214.27. And i have created 2 extenssions: 101 and 102. When i try to register a shoftphone in the same pc, there is not problem, it registers. But, when i try to registered in a softphone from a different net, it doesnt work. It is not a NAT problem because 150.214.214.27 is a fix address.
    Also when i try to register in a N80 over 3G, i get registration fails.
    what is the problem?

2. francesco

francesco New Member

among the softfhone and the server 3cx there is a gateway?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please note that installing directly on a PC with an IP address is not reccommended.

The technical support requesting here goes beyond that we can provide in the free peer-peer forums and would require finite trouble-shooting of your specific installation which we would normally do via our Support Portal at http://support.3cx.com .

We suggest that for a little amount of money we could give you this full support or provide you with feasible alternative solutions.

This can start from a Small Business Edition with 8 simultaneous calls and Support Contract going at Eur 375 + Eur 125 per year. We also recommend version upgrade insurance at Eur 99 per year. We can also propose larger licenses as you desire and you can eventually perform Edition Upgrades as your needs grow.

If you have any further queries about this or how to proceed, please contact sales@3cx.com .

Thanks,

4. cristina

Ive unabled the firewall in my machine but the firewall test still doesnt pass. it says that its bcse i have a public ip and i should read more about it at FAQ but I havent found that issue among the FAQs.
    I have read the 3cx manual about firewalls and i dont want to use any voip provider and I have unable the firewall in the machine where I have 3cx installed, then, what am i still doing wrong?

5. francesco

francesco New Member

you have 2 different subnet?
    2 different subnet don't communicate if there isn't a gateway (router)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. cristina

the softphone is in a different net than the 3cx, there must be a router in between so..., what?

7. Henk

Henk Member

What francesco means is that if both devices each on their own network you need NAT, and a router in general caters for that.

If you use 3CX on network one (lets say 10.0.0.1) and you use your softphone on network 2 (lets say 152.3.4.1) than you need to do NAT translation (pretty much what francesco suggested) NAT is not really nice to SIP traffic so they introduced STUN.

You can setup your STUN in 3CX, this allows it to find which call to connect to what IP address, you still need your gateway to allow for NAT etc. and have your firewall configured to have the ports open for 3cx traffic inbound (outbound originated, automatically allows for inbound to the originator).

H.

8. francesco

francesco New Member

perfect!
    cristina is ok???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.