• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Problems with sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

shirosan

Reaction score
Hello,

Thank you for this thread. I´m new on ip pbx, and just installed 3cxphone, and the skype gateway. I can make and receive calls, everything is ok, but the sound. It is just one way. I can´t hear even the digital recepcionist. If I make a call direct from the skype, it´s ok, but through the 3cx, it doesn´t work. Someone could help me?

thank you

Hi,

Have you installed it on the same machine as 3CX Phone System? Have you installed it on a Windows XP Professional or better?

Hello, Thank you for response. It´s installed in a win vista home premium, using avira antivirus and a comodo firewall. Also, There is a linksys WRT54G router, wich has a firewall. I´ve opened every ports on the router. It seems the sound isnt working, just from the 3cx.

thank you again,

Shiro

Hello, sorry about the delay... I've installed the new gateway (skype2) and everything is ok. Now it´s working. But I have another problem: once the server is logged in skype, every call is heard from the server. If I use skype to make a call from an extension, the sound is played at the server.

Could you guys help me with that issue?

Thank you,

Shirosan

shirosan said:
I have another problem: once the server is logged in skype, every call is heard from the server. If I use skype to make a call from an extension, the sound is played at the server.
Hi, Shirosan

I've added a technical note about this issue here, hope it will solve your problem
http://www.3cx.com/forums/technical-notes-10528.html#p54038

Regards
vali

Great! Thank you.

I think it's working. Now a new issue: I cant send DTMF when i'm using a SkyPhone (USB Phone). Everything is working, but i have to dial on the screen (softphone). Is there any way to make it work?

Thank you again.

Shirosan

shirosan said:
I cant send DTMF when i'm using a SkyPhone (USB Phone). Everything is working, but i have to dial on the screen (softphone).
Hi, Shirosan
Shame on me, never used a SkyPhone :oops:

May you describe a little detalied the (non)working configuration, user-friendly? I mean such kind of "my phone is connected as extension 101, I've tried to make an oubound/inbound call to/from Skype, and so on..." It helps me to understand what's happen.

Thanks
vali

Hi Vali, thank you a lot!

A Skyphone works with a softphone only, so it has the same IP. It's a kind of another soundcard, where I set i up at the softphone config. Everything is ok, I can hear and talk through the skyphone, but I cant dial at it. If I use skype direct, it works, but not at 3cx. For while, I'm using the softphone dial, and the usb phone to talk. Just the dialer is not working. The Skyphone says that it is compliant with H.323, MGCP and SIP protocols. Also, hardware generated DTMF signals for dialing to extension trough PBX.

Thank you again!

Shirosan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.