Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Problems with Videotron.ca digital telephony

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bullan, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bullan

Is anyone here tried to setup a generic VOIP provider with videotron.ca sip information?

I have a digital phone from and I it works with their softphone and almoust every softphones available but I cant make it work with 3CX?

Is anyone succeed?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What does the 3CX log show, a failure to register, or a failure when you try to place a call?

3. bullan

The register error is 403 Forbidden

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It could be either an incorrect password/username, or, and this has happened before, they have barred the use of 3CX on their network. That can be worked around.

Have a look at this..http://www.3cx.com/forums/help-with-sipphone-com-not-registering-3254.html

5. bullan

I dont think is a user agent problem, cause I'm able to connect with eybeam (and a lot of other softphones) for example and the user agent is eyebeam xxxxx.

I guess it'a a registration process problem cause I have to register with a domain different from the sip server

In eybeam config I can setup to register with a domain and have outbound calls using the sip server.

in 3cx config I have only sip server hostname and outbound proxy server hostname variables.

and the error message it's kinda logic I cannot login to the sip server (403 forbidden), I have to login on domain server first.

anyway, I'll try all combination.

keep you updated

6. bullan

ok, I found the right settings for videotron.ca
    I can make and receive calls but I have he same problem, I dont have ringback on outbound calls. Just silence. The call are actually being initiated and in not a HT problem, cause with same adapter I have the ringback on the same provider.
    I also tried eyebeam and have the same problem.

when I use the 3cx softphone I have a ringback.

can anyone help me with some leads? I'm not using any tunnels

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.