Problems with Videotron.ca digital telephony

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bullan, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bullan

Is anyone here tried to setup a generic VOIP provider with videotron.ca sip information?

I have a digital phone from and I it works with their softphone and almoust every softphones available but I cant make it work with 3CX?

Is anyone succeed?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What does the 3CX log show, a failure to register, or a failure when you try to place a call?

3. bullan

The register error is 403 Forbidden

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It could be either an incorrect password/username, or, and this has happened before, they have barred the use of 3CX on their network. That can be worked around.

Have a look at this..http://www.3cx.com/forums/help-with-sipphone-com-not-registering-3254.html

5. bullan

I dont think is a user agent problem, cause I'm able to connect with eybeam (and a lot of other softphones) for example and the user agent is eyebeam xxxxx.

I guess it'a a registration process problem cause I have to register with a domain different from the sip server

In eybeam config I can setup to register with a domain and have outbound calls using the sip server.

in 3cx config I have only sip server hostname and outbound proxy server hostname variables.

and the error message it's kinda logic I cannot login to the sip server (403 forbidden), I have to login on domain server first.

anyway, I'll try all combination.

keep you updated

6. bullan

ok, I found the right settings for videotron.ca
    I can make and receive calls but I have he same problem, I dont have ringback on outbound calls. Just silence. The call are actually being initiated and in not a HT problem, cause with same adapter I have the ringback on the same provider.
    I also tried eyebeam and have the same problem.

when I use the 3cx softphone I have a ringback.

can anyone help me with some leads? I'm not using any tunnels

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.