Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Procedure for 15.5 moving servers

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Mark Pratt, Oct 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Pratt

I want to completely change physical servers for my 3CX debian 15.5

If I do a backup WITH license and FQDN, then simply create a new instance from a backup, is that the correct procedure?

OR

Are you supposed to RELEASE the FQDN first, then backup WITHOUT FQDN and LICENSE then create a new 3cx from the backup?

2. cobaltit

cobaltit Well-Known Member

Full backup, and then fresh install and restore. You only release the FQDN if you are either changing the FQDN or if you want to use that FQDN with a different license.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If the local IP of the server will change you need to do a backup without licence and FQDN so that the backup does not include network settings. You do not need to release the FQDN as cobaltit mentioned

4. benf

where in the portal do you release? mine just says waiting authorization, i looked under installs and keys, and there is nothing that says release.

5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Is the key registered to you with your email? The credentials for the costumer portal are included in the email sent once the key was purchased. If you re unable to locate the email or if you are facing a different issue with your key then you should contact your regional sales representative fro further assistance: https://www.3cx.com/company/contact/
    For your scenario however you do not need to release your key from the FQDN.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.