Program button to forward to queue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by engin411, May 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. engin411

engin411 New Member

Anyone know the dial code to transfer a call to a queue?

i.e. for intercom, the dial code is *9, but I don't see a dial code for transfer. My goal is to program a button so the user doesn't have to push Transfer + <ext> + Transfer.
    Thanks.

2. troosters

You can just dial the extension number of the queue eg 80 , or use *20*80 ?

3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

To transfer any call you need to hit the transfer button first unless your phone supports transfers via blf.
    Otherwise anything you dial,is treated as dmtf.
    3cx only listens for dmtf when a call goes to your cell phone - in v12 for the mobile agent service.

Dialing *9 during a call will not get you intercom mode.
    *20* is a call pickup dial code to pick up another ringing phone...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. engin411

engin411 New Member

Thanks guys. None of your answers really help, but thanks for the replies! ;)

I did find this from a 3CX webpage that seems to work (the bolded part), in preliminary testing. It appears that I can program a button with "*82<queue #>" to accomplish a single button push that will transfer the call to the queue, which would meet my goal.

Mobile Agent Service (V12 or later)

Note: For the Mobile Transfer Service to work, the option “Ring my extension and my mobile at the same time” must be enabled in the extension’s properties.

This service provides the ability to make transfers using DTMF inputs so you can effectively make transfers from your mobile phone. Available only in CCE or 3CXPSPROF Edition.

Feature 1: HOLD

While in a call press *80 – This will put the current call on hold.

Feature 2: UN-HOLD

Press *81 – this will un-hold a current held call.

Feature 3: Blind Transfer to an Extension

Press *82# number/extension # – This will make a blind transfer of your current call to the extension or number that you want to.

Example: Transfer a call to extension 105 or an external number 099219095 where 0 is the outbound rule for the call to go out via PSTN.

Dial *82#105# OR *82#099219095# – This will make a blind transfer (*82) of your current PBX call to the dialed extension (105) or number (099219095). Your mobile will disconnect from the call and the PBX call will be connected to 105 or 099219095 respectively.

Feature 4: Attended Transfer

1) Press *83# number/extension # that you want to transfer the call to

2) *84 to complete transfer once the recipient answers

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

That would work in the Mobile Agent Service... I only mentioned it because that is the only place 3cx listens for DMTF really (besides Voicemail and Conference).

But your original message said nothing about trying to do this from a cell phone. I assumed you were trying to do this from a deskphone...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. engin411

engin411 New Member

Yep, I am doing this on a deskphone, and preliminary testing (all of 30 seconds) showed a code of *82#<ext># to blind transfer the call nicely.
    Haven't had time to revisit this since then, hopefully this week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.