• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Programming a key for direct line access

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlsallada

Reaction score
Has anyone ever programmed a button on a phone (Yealink T42G & T46G) to direct access a specific line thru a Patton FXO Gateway ? I'm like to duplicate the method used for paging on the old Executone system I'm replacing.
The old system was using an unused CO port to interface to the paging system. The 3CX system I'm installing uses a Patton gateway to access the customers POTS lines and I have a spare port available.
Thanks for any advice!!

You would have to have the ability to set the gateway port you wish to use, as a single trunk, in 3CX (not a member of the remaining ports unless the gateway has the ability to direct calls to specific ports using a prefix)

The key on the set could be set-up as a "hot line". Some sets have this ability some don't, it usually involves an internal dialplan of the set.

It just means that when the line is selected, a pre-set number is dialled (called). In the outbound rules you would configure that number to route to the trunk connected to the paging system (after stripping all digits).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.