Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Programming BLF's with *'s (astericks) fails to dial

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jared.adams, Oct 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jared.adams

In the 3CX Extension configuration whenever a BLF is configured with a number that has an * in it (like agent login/logout - *62/*63) the settings get pushed out to the phone with a "space" which causes it to not work:

This is what gets pushed out to my Snom 710 whether I choose the Agent Login/Logout options or do a customer speed dial of *62 or *63 for the BLF's. Notice the space in "sip: *62"
    [​IMG]

When a normal extension is configured, the space comes AFTER the number to dial and the call goes through:
    [​IMG]

A workaround is to remove the space manually from the phone's web interface but it resets any time the phone loses power. This is not a good solution.

It there another work around or a different solution to this problem?

Additionally, the 2nd BLF doesn't seem to get pushed out despite having something config'd in that field for the extension.

[​IMG]

2. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi there,
    Can you confirm whether you are running 3CX Phone System v12 SP6.1 + up-to-date default templates ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jared.adams

Looks like the only thing that is out of date is the WebMeeting module.

[​IMG]

4. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

How about the templates? can you check in 3CX Phone System Updates / Phone Provisioning Updates that all is green for snom?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jared.adams

Thank you so much for the quick reply. Looks like quite a few of my templates are out of date. I'll update them now. I'll test it out when I'm in the office tomorrow. Thank you again.

6. jared.adams

Actually, forgot I can get in remotely. It worked:

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.