ProgreSQL issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Henk, Feb 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Henk

Henk Member

I can install the software ok, and all works fine untill I restart the server (computer) that is when I get this error. Any idea what the cause can be?

When I uninstall 3CX, and reinstall it works fine, but do a restart it throws this error again.

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: PostgreSQL
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 0
    Date: 2/02/2009
    Time: 8:41:55 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: xxxxxx
    Description:
    The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( PostgreSQL ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: FATAL: could not reattach to shared memory (key=5480001, addr=01380000): Invalid argument

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Henk

Henk Member

Might assist in the issue (Sorry could not find the edit button)

http://www.mail-archive.com/pgsql-general@postgresql.org/msg102937.html

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Henk

Henk Member

(still cannot find the post edit button, perhaps the red wine got something to do with it :))

Some more information
    ============================= begin event log===============================================
    Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: Userenv
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 1517
    Date: 2/02/2009
    Time: 9:08:43 PM
    User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    Computer: xxxxxx
    Description:
    Windows saved user DDD-SERVER\phonesystem__3cx__ registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.

This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

================== end event log ===========================

When I manually (using services under windows) stop and start the 3CX PhoneSystem Database Server it somehow releases the userEnv and I can start 3CX just fine.

Would it be possible that when logging off, eg restarting windows, the session is not properly terminated?

H.

4. kevin

kevin Member

Hi Henk

We'll try to look into this - what platform is this PBX running on? OS, CPU, RAM, Metal_or_Virtual, 32_or_64_bit ...

Regards

Kevin

5. Henk

Henk Member

CPU: believe it dual core but have to look into that
    RAM: 3G (but need to check on that)
    Metal, box runs 3cx, virus, several weather applications and network monitor applications. No Virtual systems on it. 3CX is the only app with ProstgreSQL. There is also an instance of Apache with MySQL. But even turning that off does not show any difference.

Hope this helps.

H.

6. Henk

Henk Member

Ok some more server details:

Windows Server 2003 R2, Standard Edition Service Pack 2
    Intel Core 2 Duo (E4600, 2.4Ghz)
    4Gb of ram
    Physical Address Extension

Let me now if you need more information, or access to the box.

H.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.