Project inquiry

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Rasmus, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rasmus

Hi,

I'm looking into PBX and IVR software for a major project I want to start and I thought you could maybe tell me which 3CX products would be needed for that.

I want to start a small political polling company in the US, using IVR. The idea would be to hook up a 3CX phone system with IVR software and an autodialer to make SkypeConnect calls to registered voters, using phone numbers from purchased voter lists.

Would that technically work and do I miss any major things I'd need.

Thanks,
    Rasmus

2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

First, you would need an auto-dialer, there are several available, just google for 3CX Auto Dialer. Second, why Skype? There are more affordable SIP trunk providers available.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Rasmus

So I'd need something like this for an autodialer, right?
    http://www.mdlsolutions.com/Dialer.aspx

That, plus a 3CX system. The above thing also seems to support IVR, which I'd need to record the poll and allow the respondants to select response possibilities.

And which providers would be for instance more affordable than Skype? I'm a statistician, so I'm not experienced at all with this, as you can see.

Thanks for your help!
    Rasmus

4. willow

willow Member

It probably depends on what you are wanting to pay for. The skype per month price is pretty reasonable for just outcalling to the us. though people can not call into it. I highyl recommed voip.ms for a metered account. about 1 cent per minte outbound is not to bad.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Rasmus

Yeah, that sounds pretty good. I'm searching for something I can make thousands of outbound calls with relatively cheaply, where most calls would probably be unsuccessful and last just like 5 seconds. So besides the per minute price it would be pretty relevant to know how much the service charges for such a call under 5 seconds or so. The price of one minute, half a minute?

6. willow

willow Member

normally they charge in 6 second increments with an unsucessfull call not being charged. meaning that if no one answers then it will not charge. so it would be about .01 cents for that type of call.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.