• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Prompt on Rebound

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannybrook

Reaction score
Is there anyway to change the prompt that a caller hears to be the recorded name, instead of the extension number? Right now people hear "please wait a moment while we locate %extensionnumber%"?

If a name is recorded fo the mailbox does it play that?

dannybrook said:
Is there anyway to change the prompt that a caller hears to be the recorded name, instead of the extension number? Right now people hear "please wait a moment while we locate %extensionnumber%"?

Yes, under Edit Extension > other check "Call Screening ON" this will play the name.

I just tested the self identification message and that did not work.

willow said:
I just tested the self identification message and that did not work.

With Call Screening ON? or just rebound? It doesn't actually play the self identification name it prompts the caller to say there name. without Call Screening on and just rebound only the caller ID will be played.

The name is recorded on the mailbox and it still tells the calling party "please wait while we locate %extensionnumber%". Call Screening only asks the calling party for a name instead of using the caller ID.

Most PBXs play the recorded name so that you actually know who you're calling.

Looks like this needs to be added as a feature request.

I cant find where it is an option to change the number to a name. it would be nice to use the self identification message instead of the extension number when rebounding. Its a little more friendly and makes sure that the caller is trying to get a hold of the correct person.

willow said:
I cant find where it is an option to change the number to a name. it would be nice to use the self identification message instead of the extension number when rebounding. Its a little more friendly and makes sure that the caller is trying to get a hold of the correct person.

I agree. Was this added as a feature request on IdeaScale?

I have not added it but would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.