Solved Prompt set won't change

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Joey Taylor, Nov 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joey Taylor

I'm trying to change my prompt set from American to British but I can't get it working properly. I wonder if any of you could help me?

The steps I followed were:
    - Settings > System Prompts > Manage Prompt Sets
    - Changed the dropdown to say "UK English Prompts Set" and clicked OK
    - Restarted all the 3CX services

The GUID registered under Settings > Parameters > ACPRMSET changed to the one for UK English, but all the prompts when using the phone system remained American.

For now I have made it work by renaming the UK folder to have the American GUID, but this is not a long term solution.

Any help would be much appreciated.

If it helps I am running version 15.5.3849.1

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Joey Taylor

After you changed the prompt set and restarted services what tests did you run to determine that the Prompt sets did not change?
    You should keep in mind that Extensions, IVR's, Queues have their own settings for prompts and do change with the general Prompt set setting.
    For example if you call an extensions voicemail you will hear the prompt language that is set under extension settings / Voicemail. That setting also affects the prompt language the user will hear for other settings as well.
    A digital receptionist also has a setting for prompt language that you can change if you wish.

3. Joey Taylor

Thank you for getting back to me :).

What I tried was dialling an extension from the auto attendant and listening to the 'Please hold while I transfer your call' prompt. I now see there is a setting for the digital receptionist language, presumably I need to change that?

Could you let me know all the places I need to change the prompt set so that the whole system uses British rather than American?

4. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Digital receptionists, Queues and Extensions have their own prompt language as you may need to use different languages for different things or different users. If you wish to change the prompts for everything then you need to change the default prompt set from Settings / System Prompts, under Extensions / Voicemail (you can select all extensions by pressing SHIFT or CTRL and edit all of them at the same time) and also under digital receptionists and Queues.

5. Joey Taylor

Thank you, that has worked :)

6. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to hear the issue is resolved

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.