Prompts problem**FIXED IN RC2

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by needle, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. needle

hi there,

is there a way to set the away and out of office statuses straight from the 3cx phone? it would be much easier and faster than using the assistant.

thanks and regards.

2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Re: setting status by 3cx phone

Hi,

You can call 999 > 9 > 1 and select your extension's status. That's the only other way to do it by VoIP Phone / Phone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. needle

hi leonidas,

are you sure that the keys sequence is that one?
    with 99 I access the mailboxes system, then I input my mailbox number, then I press 9 to go to the options, but then again there is no 1 option...

plus... why can't we use the available/away/auto-ans/auto-vm setting of the 3cx phone to set the extension status?

which is the difference between away and auto-vm? the behavior looks the same, both transfer to the mailbox.

thanks and regards.

4. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

99 > 9 > 1 should give you access to a new menu we've added in Version 9 that allows you to change your status through the Voice mail menu. The feature SHOULD be there.

The Away / Auto VM functions work a bit differently, than from how you describe them.

Away:
    Lets say your 3CX Phone is on Ext 100
    Setting your 3CX Phone to away automatically marks you as "Busy", so if you go to EXT100's forwarding rules settings in the PBX
    you will see that the action for being busy is to forward all calls to your Voice Mail.

Auto VM
    Simply when this is enabled, all calls are re-directed to your extension's Voice Mail.

Afaik at the moment we do not want to add changing status from the VoIP Phone it's self since the Assistant can do this function. We want to keep the VoIP Phone as simple / lite as possible so it can easily compete against other VoIP Phones out there of bigger size.
    - The Assistant however is something that can be developed without limitations.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. needle

hello leonidas,

I'm using the 9.13373 build and I can confirm that there isn't a 9 -> 1 menu... maybe because I switched to italian prompts?

I think that the away and auto-vm options are almost a duplicate because the typical behavior of the busy status is to redirect calls to answering machine.
    wouldn't it be better to have an out of office status on 3cx phone instead of an away one? the best would be to have both, of course.
    for example, I wanna redirect my calls to my mobile phone when I'm out of office and it would be terrific to be able to set it straight from the 3cx phone with two clicks (away -> out of office) instead of having to dial 99 -> mailbox code -> 9 -> 1 -> status.
    what do u think?

thanks a lot and best regards.

6. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hello,

I'm using the 9.13373 build too and I can also confirm that there isn't a 9 -> 1 menu. I’m using the Dutch promptset.

7. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi, I would like to know the problem of when dialing IVR > 9 > 1.
    When you installed V9 you restored a previous backup? You did not install a clean PBX am I right?
    About the phone you can add this as a feature and we will let you know about this later on.
    We are planning to add new features to the phone so I would consider to add this in the features list.
    Thanks and Regards

8. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi Michael,

You are right. I did not install a clean PBX but upgraded from v8.10824. Is there a difference between a clean install and an upgrade?

9. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi, thanks for your support, about the prompts these are not fully ready and will be updated with the next release.
    Thanks and Regards

10. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

Dutch for now has missing prompts - You might hear blank spaces.

We are in the process of recording them - next week we will have them for sure.

BTW - good luck for the world cup !!!

Thanks

11. needle

hi michael,
    I did a clean install.
    I posted the feature request, as you suggested.
    thanks and regards.

12. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Should be ok in latest version + latest prompts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.