Proper way to have 2 outbound routes, having issues

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by L Monroe, Dec 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L Monroe

Hi everyone,

I want a way that if I press *8 before a number it will show one caller ID, where as other calls that are normal to 7, 10 or 11 digit lengths use our primary SIP Trunk. I added both SIP Trunks and configured them, and put the outbound route for the *8 one on top, setting it to then strip 2 digits, and then below that I have the 2nd outbound route for 7,10,11 digits.

If I dial *8 first it works as expected, however dialing normally always says forbidden. Am I missing something? Should it not go to outbound route #2 if I'm not dialing *8 before a number? I have it set up like the screenshot below, would appreciate any assistance!

https://imgur.com/a/TeQUO

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Are you attempting to use the same provider/registration for both routes? What does the 3CX Activity Log show for a call that fails?

3. viraltechnology

The rules are evaluated from top down. whats happening is your 1st rule checks to see if the dialed number starts with *8 if it does it routes it to that voip provider. if it does not ( as the case when you dont use *8) it looks and says nope that call is blocked. switch the order of your rules

4. vizualpro

As @viraltechnology said the rules are top-down, however it will continue moving down the rules in search of a match regardless of whether the first one is a match or not; so changing the order won't help you here.

It sounds like there may be an issue with the trunk associated with that rule. If you use the same trunk that you have on your *8 route, does it work? If so, then you will need to check the registration on the one that's giving you trouble.

viraltechnology likes this.
  5. viraltechnology

i wish i had two seperate trunks to play with on my demo. sounds like an interesting issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.