provision multiple phones same extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cfive, Mar 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cfive

cfive Member

Hi,

(v14 SP2 and SP3) When you have 2 hardphones provisioned for the same extension number, it seems that most of the links in the Phones node aren't available? I'm not sure why.

The only actions available are show password and upload firmware.

The phones are of course on different IP's, the MAC address field shows "Multiple Phones" instead of a MAC.

How do I perform operations on these sets?

Thanks - Les.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. superior1

Great Question. I realized that too. possible bug Im thinking.

3. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

This happens when you have 2 or more same make/model endpoints registered to the same extension, if you have different make/models the options should work OK.

This is a limitation in the current implementation of the 3CX Phone System, but I have been told that it is being consider to change this in the future.

4. cfive

cfive Member

I can't remember how I got them provisioned in the first place ;-).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Does reprovisioning via the admin console work?
    If you can't trigger reprovisioning from the phone is their anyway to generate the provisioning files? The provisioning could be scheduled on the phone.

6. cfive

cfive Member

No, it doesn't work from the console - that's the subject of concern. There doesn't appear to be a way to generate the provisioning files while both endpoints are present in 3CX.

7. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The only inconvenience this causes is the fact that because the options are inactive, after making changes to an extension you must manually reboot the phone. Other than that, the provisioning file I believe are updated normally as that action happens once you press "OK" in the Extension Settings.

8. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Hi Nick,

are the provisioning files regenerated if I edit the provisioning template, too? Or do you have to edit the extension settings for this phone, like you described?

Most changes I make are effecting all phones via the provisioning template.

For rebooting I guess I could write a script, which sends some Sip-Notify message to my 20 phones, which are effected.
    Or I will just create separate extensions and ringgroups.

9. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Sadly no, changes to the Template do now force a re-generation of the Config Files. What You can do though is after making a change is open the Management Console -> Extensions, select all extensions (if they fit in 1 page) by using Shift + click, press "Edit", go the BLF tab, add a BLF in an empty slot, press Apply, remove the BLF, press Apply again. That should do it :)

10. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Hi Nick,

thanks for your answer. We have 6 tabs, but it's a nice option anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.