provision phonebook to IP phones with more numbers than only mobile number

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by sed74, Jan 14, 2016.

provision phonebook to IP phones with more numbers than only mobile number 5 5 15votes
5/5, 15 votes

1. sed74

Customizing Phonebook XML

It would be very useful to be able to customize the Phonebook generated by 3CX, in order to have a more flexible provisioning set of files.
    We're currently running 3CX v14 with SNOM D715 phones, and the phonebook synchronization is pretty lousy: only one number per contact is synced, and if the first phone number field in the 3CX phonebook is empty, the contact is not synced at all.

Plus, only ONE XML is produced for every phone brand, and it obviously tailored to the less performing phone of that brand.

So it could come in handy to be able to customize the XML file the 3CX produce with the phonebook entries, in order to take the most out of each phone.

Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. aliecom

Re: Customizing Phonebook XML

Hi,

I was about to post this idea too because managing Snom phonebook is really painfull with v14.
    I would add to sed74's list of features to improve the ability to manage group (colleagues, VIP, support, etc.) within 3CX because a contact is always inserted in the 3CX generated XML file with the type = colleagues by default. Thus, colleagues group ringer apply instead of the user's identity ringer.

To get multiple phone number per contact, we need to manually edit the XML file and use the types "MASTER" and "Alias" but that's not easy and it's time consumming.

Thanks a lot.

3. das

das

At this time only mobile no. (+ first/last name) is provisioned to IP phones.
    Most IP phones support more than one phone number for each entry.

It would be great to provision more than one column (at this time only mobile no.) and to have an option to select the phone no. columns which will get provisioned to the IP phone.

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

It would be great to even pull Mobile Numbers from the Extension list (checkbox: Publish Mobile to Phonebook - ADMIN FEATURE ONLY)

Right now - when I add a new extension I have to add their cell phone separately to the Phonebook.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. solutionsit

What kind of ip phones do you use?

6. das

das

This depends not on the IP phone (I use Fanvil), support told me, for all (except 3CX clients) only the first phone no. (standard mobile no.) gets provisioned (check the phonebook files for provisioning).

7. r.towle

I think the 3CX phone book needs a good rethink. Most people these days have 2 or 3 numbers: mobile, DDI, main office number, home phone etc....

In the current setup, you would need to add 4 different contacts in the 3CX phone book.

Also - I think the phone book could benefit from having "prepend all entries with '9' (or whatever you prepend for an outside line...)

8. actbig

don't know why this idea hasn't 100% votes and the issue consist since version 12.
    Somthing has to change whith the phonebook. No matter what device you use whether snom or yealink, the Problem is the same. Only Mobile number is a joke. Please fix this!

9. Arnaud PENSU

hi everyone,
    another problem is if we indicate only Company name and tel. number, the phone won't see the contact. big problem.

everyone here, you have to vote on this thread, not only grumble. 3CX won't act if there is no vote.

saxe likes this.
  10. tvdir

11. teichhei

+1, just have a customer who can't use the client due to no on site server due to push to the cloud and now not even the phonebook works properly.

#11 teichhei, May 22, 2017
    Last edited: May 22, 2017
  12. HH60