Provisioning 3CX Phone v12 on Android

Discussion in 'Android' started by Lundaa, Oct 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lundaa

Hi Everyone

I have a HTC One (M7) that i am trying to provision to our 3CX server and I am not having the best of luck with it.
    The Welcome message/mail sent from the server is showing up fine in my inbox on the phone and I can download the attached 3cxconfig file.
    But thats as far as I'm getting, when I press the file the screen briefly flashes on nothing happens.
    The phone wont open the file og use it to provision the 3CX softphone on the android device.
    (I've tried the same thing with a Samsung Galaxy S4+ and it works just fine)
    Is this an issue with the software HTC has put on the One (M7) or is it related to the 3CX software ?

Has anyone had similar issue, and how did you resolve it ?

Sincerely
    Lundaa

Device Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Phone Model: HTC One M7
    Firmware Version: Android 4.4.3

Issue Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Handset: Phone
    Contacts: Exchange
    Connection: Wifi & 3G
    Server: Internal & External

2. Lundaa

Hmmmm, problem kinda solved. :|
    It seems that the 3CX app is not allowed to access the HTC mail app and the attachments on mails.
    (My email is an Exchange Server account)
    Nor can it read downloaded files from the phone memory.

BUT! - when i tried to send the 3CXconfig file to my Gmail account instead it worked like a charm. :D
    Pressed the attachment and "PRESTO" the 3CX app provisioned just fine to our 3CX Server.

I hope this can help other people in the same situation I was in.

Sincerely
    Lundaa

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This could be an intended security setting restricted by HTC, as a default, or, perhaps, a limitation added by your mobile provider, or email provider.

As more 3CX users opt for this particular model (and more importantly, someone at 3CX runs compatibility tests with this model), it will be interesting to see if the issue can be duplicated.

4. mobius

This issue still exists on the HTC One M9 - if you forward the email with the config file to Gmail, it works fine, from the inbuilt mail app, or even if you save it locally and open it with file browser, it will tell you there is no app associated with the config's file type. Quite frustrating

5. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Try harder next time.

Got an M9 a couple of weeks back when we switched to Verizon.
    Just installed 3CX v12 from Play.

At home.. not on the office LAN.
    Sent the welcome email.
    Indeed, the built-in file manager cannot open, doesn't know what to do by itself.. but ES File Explorer doesn't suffer an artificial limitation.
    Registered just fine.

ES3 is standard stuff for my needs as it is.

6. shibushaji

Had the same exact problem, only with HTC One M8. Email on exchange. Tried the solution suggested by Lundaa. From Gmail, it recognized the file, but it keeps giving me an invalid password error.
    I had just used the same config file on my Mac on windows as well as mac osx.
    So still kinda stuck... :(

7. IliasL_3CX

3CX Support

Hi shibushaji,

If you are connecting on a different network from where the 3CX Phone System is installed make sure that the option "Disallow Use oustide the LAN" is not selected.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.