Provisioning a Cisco 7940

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jeff yager, Oct 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeff yager

Not sure if anyone has seen this before but I was handed a box of cisco 7940's. I have necessary files ( I think), in my tftp folder. I can see transfers happening from the phone. However, heres the problem:

When the phone requests SIP<mac>.cnf it fails with illegal characters in path, bailing out to bad characters. (using solarwinds TFTP)
    with Tftpd64 it says it cannot find the file. Interestingly, when it requests the file it either shows ??SIP<mac>.cnf or two dark black lines and SIP<mac>.cnf.

I cannot get the phone provisioned and need to badly.

Please help.

THank you,
    Jeff

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

can the 7940 do an HTTP Config?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I am not certain if this will help, but:
    http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/cisco-7940g-7960g/

You might find more assistance by going to the blog and inputting Cisco 7940 into the search pane. There are a few articles there.

This phone is not officially supported by 3CX. While others have seemingly been successful in getting the phones to work (I think), the population of those using is very low and there is no guarantee that those who got them working remained as board lurkers/contributors, so you may need to be patient.

Wish I could be of more help, but I have no experience with the conversion aspect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.