• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Provisioning a Cisco 7940

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff yager

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has seen this before but I was handed a box of cisco 7940's. I have necessary files ( I think), in my tftp folder. I can see transfers happening from the phone. However, heres the problem:

When the phone requests SIP<mac>.cnf it fails with illegal characters in path, bailing out to bad characters. (using solarwinds TFTP)
with Tftpd64 it says it cannot find the file. Interestingly, when it requests the file it either shows ??SIP<mac>.cnf or two dark black lines and SIP<mac>.cnf.

I cannot get the phone provisioned and need to badly.

Please help.

THank you,
Jeff

can the 7940 do an HTTP Config?

I am not certain if this will help, but:
http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/cisco-7940g-7960g/

You might find more assistance by going to the blog and inputting Cisco 7940 into the search pane. There are a few articles there.

This phone is not officially supported by 3CX. While others have seemingly been successful in getting the phones to work (I think), the population of those using is very low and there is no guarantee that those who got them working remained as board lurkers/contributors, so you may need to be patient.

Wish I could be of more help, but I have no experience with the conversion aspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albert.f
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.