Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Provisioning Aastra IP Phones

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Heath, Aug 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heath

Heath New Member

I have 5 Aastra IP Phones from my prior VOIP provider that I am trying to use on 3CX. In looking I see that they are legacy phones and that there are some limitations... I followed the instructions on this site

https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/aastra/ and
    https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/provisioning-aastra-ip-phones/

right now I'm trying to provision 6755i. I went in the management console and added the phone, put the make and model and the MAC address. It gave me the provision link... I downloaded the Firmware and put it in the directory that the instructions said. I factory reset the phone, and put the info in the provision link in the configuration server settings on HTTP server and HTTP path as instructed. I restarted the phone and it started up fine... Now I don't see the phone in the management console under phone tab to finish configure for the extension.. Everything I followed as instructed, and still on the phone.. Keeps saying no service

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Heath

Do the phones get any configuration from the server? Extension number, name etc?
    Are these phones local?
    Make sure you are using the correct port and that your provisioning link is correct in the phones UI.
    You can also try downloading the config file manually to see if that part is ok. To do so open a browser on a PC located in the same network as the phone and paste you provisioning link. Then append the mac address of the phone and .cfg.
    For example the link should be http://localIP:5000/provisioning/xxxxxxxxx/mac.address.cfg
    Can you download the config file?

3. Heath

Heath New Member

No they do not get extensions. I think they are getting the config from the server cause the phone doesn't stop during its boot up.

My 3cx is hosted at OVH.

And I tried what you gave me and didn't work

My provision link is
    http://(my ovh IP address):5000/provisioning/xxx

And that's what I put in the config in the webgui on the phone

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Please note that these phones will not provision with http link if they server is remote. This is stated in the limitations of the phones.
    You will need a VPN connection or you will need to manually set up the phones.

5. Heath

Heath New Member

I assume that hosted at OVH is considered remote???

How would I do a vpn connection. I can RDP Remote Desktop into the ovh server.

I can do manually. What else would I have to set up on 3cx. On the phones I assume I would need the proxy server, outgoing proxy server, and registrar server and the respective port numbers. Or what else would I need or how can I get the info in the config file to do manually

6. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Unless the 3CX system is local (called: on-premise), it is remote. It is being hosted by a service at a different location and using the Internet between two different public IPs to communicate. To do a VPN, you would need to setup a LAN-to-LAN or Site-to-Site VPN, which the provider must be able to support. This would be usually be done from your router to theirs. For five phones, it is probably easier to do manually than trying to create config files and then having to set-up a local TFTP or other server. See if this helps, while a bit old, it should get you going in the right direction-
    http://www.888voip.com/manually-configuring-aastra-phones-with-3cx/

7. Heath

Heath New Member

In the global SIP settings I entered the IP address in proxy server and registrar server and port 5060 on both, as well as the Ext number on phone field and user ID and password in those appropriate field... and then rebooted the phone.... When I go back into the webgui of the phone the SIP status does have on lines 1, 2, 3, 4, a SIP status.. But keeps going back and fourth between unregistered and 403 in status... I checked my firewall, and all the ports 5060-5061, 9000-9500 for TCP & UDP are opened incoming and outgoing... When I go in to the management console I do still do not see the phone under phones... And I have the MAC address set in extensions under extensions

8. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

Setup stun to point to the pbx IP using port 5060. see if that helps.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. cobaltit

cobaltit Well-Known Member

You want to uncheck 'Disallow use of extension outside the LAN' on each extension under the 'Options' tab.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    YiannisH_3CX likes this.
  10. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

And finally, you may need to see if the phone IP has been blacklisted.

As cobaltit mentioned, 3CX distinguishes between local and remote extensions for security reasons. As your 3CX instance is hosted and therefore remote, all of your extensions will need to be allowed in the extension settings to be allowed outside the LAN. If this is not checked and extensions continue to try and register, the second line of defense may kick in and then blacklist the IP. Should this occur, you will need to remove from the blacklist as well.

11. nicedoggie

This worked for me: You want to uncheck 'Disallow use of extension outside the LAN' on each extension under the 'Options' tab

12. Heath

Heath New Member

I forgot to update. I was able to get the phone to work. But now what I am having is when I go to the 3cX app on my iPhone. My Aastra phone goes into no service. When I check the webgui in the phone, says contact mismatch. I rebooted the ip phone still get contact mismatch. I shut down the app reboot the ip phone again phone connects. Go to the app again ip phone goes no service.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.