Provisioning Cisco 8861

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Albert464, Oct 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Albert464

Hello,

I have 3cx cloud and I would like to connect it to my cisco 8861 phone, I searched everywhere but did not understand how to do it

2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Hi Albert464,

Cisco phones are not "supported" for remote connections with 3CX (SBC, STUN):
    https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/

The 8861 is not even on the legacy list of Cisco phones so is fully un-supported. Which means there is no provisioning template available in 3CX for this model (I had known people in the past alter the in-built template so Cisco's could support STUN and SBC).

Your only option I can think of is setting up an SBC and manually setting up the Cisco's registrar as the SBC IP address, although this method is un-supported and you will not be able to take advantage of some of the benefits and features that a fully supported phone would provide - such as remote provisioning.

You could try a VPN also however if your hosting on a provider platform like OVH, AWS or Google Cloud it would rule this option out as you have no access to the back end network.

Further information and reading (this link does have legacy Cisco information):
    https://www.3cx.com/docs/provisioning-remote-extension/

If it is a single phone try the manual SBC method I suggested.

My advice would always be to use a supported phone like one of the Yealink T5X series models as they are equal if not better than this Cisco one you have and would support the methods you require with easy deployment.

#2 eddv123, Oct 21, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
  3. Sopock

Sopock Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Albert464

Where can I find a list of phones supported by 3cx cloud?

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.