Provisioning Cisco SPA525 with voice vlan

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by netswork, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. netswork

netswork Active Member

I am working on a system using cisco 525's that will be auto provisioned from 3cx. I am using voice vlan's on my switch.

I have modified the section of the template below. My data vlan is 1 and voice vlan is 50. In order to get this to work I manually put the phone via the phones on screen configuration into vlan 50 active. The phone connects to 3cx and downloads the config and refreshes. When it refreshes the phone is no longer in vlan 50. If you look at the phones on screen config, it shows vlan 50 for the voice vlan but the vlan is not active. Not sure where else in the template to modify to enable the vlan.

<!--########################################################-->
    <!--### Networking V-LAN ###-->
    <!--########################################################-->

<!--#VLAN ID Tagging on or off for the SW Port (802.1q).#-->
    <Enable_VLAN group="System/VLAN_Settings">Yes</Enable_VLAN>
    <!--#VLAN ID (0..4095) Which sets the ID number for the VLAN SW Port (802.1q).#-->
    <VLAN_ID group="System/VLAN_Settings">50</VLAN_ID>
    <!--#VLAN ID Tagging on or off for the PC Port (802.1q).#-->
    <Enable_PC_Port_VLAN_Tagging group="System/VLAN_Settings">Yes</Enable_PC_Port_VLAN_Tagging>
    <!--#VLAN ID (0..4095) Which sets the ID number for the PC Port (802.1q).#-->
    <PC_Port_VLAN_ID group="System/VLAN_Settings">1</PC_Port_VLAN_ID>
    <!--#Sets the Priority of the PC Port to the Phones Switch Port (802.1q).#-->
    <PC_Port_VLAN_Highest_Priority group="System/VLAN_Settings">No Limit</PC_Port_VLAN_Highest_Priority>

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. netswork

netswork Active Member

My template is setup correctly...when I look at the phones configuration it has this setting set to "No"":

<Enable_VLAN group="System/VLAN_Settings">No</Enable_VLAN>

When I look in programdata\3cx\data\http\provisioning the config file for my phone has the value set to No...

How do I get the modified template to create a new config file for my phone? Do I need to delete the existing config files in the provisioning folder? I have tried restarting the services but that does not create new config files.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

try enabling a BLF Lamp for the extension and save it and then go back in and remove it.

this could force the updated settings

4. netswork

netswork Active Member

Thanks for your reply David. I dont yet have the license installed because the server is isolated for testing right now with no internet access. I found I can manually set the switch/phone vlan so it registers and then reprovision the phone from the phones menu and this does the trick.

Do you know of any other way to get the system to recreate the config files? I know now in the future to setup the template with the VLAN info I need prior to importing the phones.

5. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

Billy:

3CX 101, go in the provisioning folder and DELETE the provisioning file then got under the extension, phone provisioning and hit OK or as mentioned by others, add a BLF, however that is not the issue with your setup

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.